Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Is The Ice At Daniels?
I want to fish Daniels on Monday and would like to find out how the ice is holding up. Are the edges good? Can you drive an ATV out on the ice? Any other information would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dale
[signature]
I haven't been out to Daniels recently and haven't heard of any reports within the last week but I could throw out a guess. I would put money on there being more than enough ice to walk on Monday. The forecast for the next few days is for above average temps and rain mixed with some snow so I wouldn't head out ice fishing without a plank. Because the edge will likely be questionable I think it would be difficult to get a four wheeler on the ice. If you have a ramp that you use to get a four wheeler in the back of your truck you might be able to use that to get on the ice.
To get across the slush layer on the edge of the lake you could also hold down the throttle and hope for the best.[Wink] You could also build a jump and just jump your 4 wheeler across the slush and hope you don't break threw the ice when you land.[pirate]
[signature]
Thanks for the information, Brian. I think that we will leave the ATV home and bring a plank, Dale.
[signature]