Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport Report 12-31
Fished Rockport by the second outhouse. The fishing was slow. Only iced two fish. An eight inch perch and a fat 18" rainbow. I was graphing schools of perch comming through but the bite was so lite that with the howling wind it was almost impossible to detect. I know I missed a lot of bites.

I met and fished with a guy named Mark from Roy and he gave me one of those wire strike indicaters. I've used them before but just didn't have any with me. After that was when I hooked up with my only perch, then the trout. Right after that at about 11:00 the schools of fish vanished.

Mark had caught 6-7 nice size perch which was about the most I had seen for the day.

I was using a small glow jig and tail, Mark was using a small rat-finkie both tipped with wax worms.

The fishing was slow. It was windy. It rained the whole time I was there, not hard just nonstop. The ice is like glass up there right now with about half an inch of water on top from the rain and wind, i.e. slick. And so is the trail going down to the lake.

Also the lake level is dropping leaving about 10' of ice on shore going up at a 10-15 degree angle that is almost impossible to get up and off the lake without cleats.

Oh ya Doug Miller showed up with his Grandkids to do a little perchin, but they didn't stay long due to the weather. Can't say that I blame them for leaving so soon, definately not a good day for kids on the ice.

Can't wait to get out and do it agian[Smile][Wink][laugh]
Bigpapafish
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Rockport Report 12-31 - by bigpapafish - 01-01-2006, 01:19 PM
Re: [Utcatman] Rockport Report 12-31 - by Troll - 01-02-2006, 02:53 PM