Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wet & soggy at Rockperch
[font "Arial"][black]After getting of work the Deathman & I met some others and headed to Rockport for some perch action. The Deathman was a little late arriving at the rendezvous point so we didn’t make it to the hardwater until about 7:45 or 8:00. We stopped at the last bathroom and walked north until we were about 75 yards strait east from the rocks. Our group ended up icing about 20 perch and 1 small bow on the day. We fished in 40 feet of water then moved deeper when the bite seemed to slow down. When the bite got really cold we moved closer to shore in search of trout with no success. The ice is still thick about 7-8 inches thick. Between the shore and ice there is a layer of shush but it is only 3 inches deep so you can walk right through it. It snowed and blowed the entire time we were up there but the snow on the ice makes it so you don't have to use ice cleats. Next year if Sportsmans carries that new style of pop open ice tent I will not wait to buy one. We left at noon wet and cold from all the snow. [/black][/font]

[font "Arial"][black]A couple of questions for you fellow BFTers. The bite seemed to be best early, has anyone been there before sun up and had any success with the perch? Also, if there was a die off, as has been suggested, couldn’t that turn out to be in our favor if the perch get to be as large as in Deercreek? The reason I ask is most of the perch seemed to be a little larger than last year. Has anyone been at Rockport later in the day? And does the bite warm back up in the afternoon and evening? Thanks in advance for any help.
[/black][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][black][Smile][/black][/font]
[signature]
sjgabby and I fished Rockport last Tuesday. We were on the ice before the sun came up. We used flashlights to get out on the ice. We really didn't catch anything until noon. And then we both limited out before 2 pm.
We punched alot of holes early in the day with no luck.
Maybe we just found the right place at noon.
[signature]
patman no the perch die of did not help the perch, the perch up at Rockport will not get as big as Deer creek they don't get the same food and the lakes are not the same size..
It takes about 5 to 7 years for the perch to get to 8 to 10 inches at Rockport so if you lose a year class or two it will take longer to come back..

[signature]
well sorry to prove you wrong there cliff. But yesterday I slayed the perch up there and i was pulling out perch from 8 to 12 inches. In fact at times I had double hook ups. If there was a die off it wasn't that bad. Hade my limit pretty quick! The perch are moveing around alot more this year over last year That is way i think people are haveing a hard time finding them. MY sonar would go black for 4 to 5 feet from the bottom when they came in and bang perch on with every drop till the school moved on. SO THERE ARE STILL PERCH IN ROCKPERCH!!!!!! Just tired of hearing of a so called almost complete die off It is not true !!!! They just changed how they are feeding.
[signature]
Well I'm glad you like to put words in my mouth but if you want to expand on what I said..please be accurate.
I did not say how big the die off was...
And I hoped it was not that bad...
And just because you have a good day does not mean that there are as many perch as last year...
Last year everyone was catching perch not just a few fishermen...
And now that you pulled my chain I will say one more thing ...
If anyone is going catch fish their over limit (blue gill) don't presume to try to give them away to fill someone else's limit. It gives good fishermen a bad name............

[signature]
Yes, there was a die off at our perch waters last spring. Big deal this happens every year.

The most over looked fact about the so called perch problems may it be Jordanelle, Rockport or Pineview is the there was less water in previous years and the perchies were easier to locate. I saw little change in the numbers of perch at Lake X last year. The fish didn't move. The Lake got more water and stayed in the same cover as they always had. It was just alot deeper. Looking for the same depths will not work this year. Find the old structure and GPS them, the fish are there you may not be. Move until you find fish. Water levels vary every year, Rockperch and Lake X don't have the problems Pineview has(muskies among others).

[signature]
Tomegun, what are you talking about?
Hit the un-translate button so the rest of us can read your post in english not chineese. Or is that yiddish?

Leave my pineview alone. I dont like to see you posting about it.
And whats this about GPS?
[signature]
Oh gayone, where have you been hiding? Playing Mad-Sceintist in your basement again? I bought a GPS today [cool] . I won't get for a couple days though [Sad].

[signature]
To answer your question, yes. I have been playing mad scientist in the basement again.

I am working on a translucent grey minnow color.

Now, about this GPS, please enter the coordinates for maniacs shop into your GPS so you can find it on your own. I am tired of taking you over there every five miuets.
[signature]
Fight! Fight! [angelic]

Are you two meeting at the flag pole at 3 oclock?

BWHAHAAHHAHHAH

[Image: attacks1.gif]
[signature]