Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mud Lake
Anyone want some great perch fishing? Mud Lake is the place. Monday I fished for four hours taking 56 perch, two right at 12 inches, four others between 10 and 11 inches and 26 over eight inches. It was a great mess of fish.

I think that Windriver and his cousin caught about 130 perch with 10 over 10 inches. There was a perch reportedly caught over 14 inches yesterday on the lake.

There were only about six groups fishing the lake and most of them were having varied success. I caught most of the large perch on a white crystal flash jig tipped with perch meat or eyes. The best area seems to be about half way between the island and the east side and about 500 to 600 yards from the north shore. The water out there is about five feet deep.

Yes, we got snowed on all day.

Bill
[signature]
The fishing at Mud Lake was awesome. My cousin and I had action from the time we got there at 10:30 until we left at 4:30. We had to wade through many small perch but there many different age classes to keep you interested. We did catch 135 and we kept 45 over 7", 10 of which were over 10". The lake is big enough that it can stand some pressure. If you do not find the fish after 20 minutes or so move.

P.S. Fight4Not how did you do after we left?

Good Luck
Windriver
[signature]