Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help! How about the Waterbug Float tube?
Any information on the Waterbug float tube would be appreciated.

Looks pretty mean in person.
[signature]
[cool][font "Times New Roman"][size 3] I have never seen a Waterbug Float Tube. I am aware of some inflatable boat type things called Waterbugs. Have they branched out into making real float tubes, or do you besmirch the float tube family by calling a boat a float tube? Or, is there an entirely new breed of craft for me to throw money at?[/size][/font]
[signature]
Thanx Kiyo,

Well thats kinda bunk that it's uncomfortable and flips. Is there anything you have found to make it more comfortable. I dont mind flipping once in a while if Im being pulled over by a phatty.

What Im really jonesin' for is to fish the Isthmus Rock and catch some Yellows. Can I pull it off on the Waterbug.

Tube Dude, I will search the web for the photo to get your opinion, Kiyo have you seen it online anywhere?
[signature]
Tubedude,

Water Skeeter makes them. There is a picture of it on my site. Click "New Photos" and then "Float tube set ups" it's the one that looks like a big bannana!

Kiyo
[signature]
Hi Romero,

It doesn't flip all that easy. I dropped my net in the water and was reaching for it and slipped off of the seat and into the water. You sit high and it's hard to reach the water in front of you. Very hard to land a fish because you are so high. With the Caddis Nav.II I can catch a Halibut and place it on my livewell and take the hooks out for a safe release if short.[Wink]

The water skeeters are found here. www.waterskeeter.com.

Also, Romero!! Are you the owner of Booyaa clothing? Interested in donating some products for our weekly float tube tournaments in Long Beach? Come and join us! We are having a tournament this Saturday at Grissom Island. Meet at 7:30am, launch at 8am and the weigh in is at 1pm. $20.00 plus $5.00 Big Fish side jackpot. Winner takes almost all!!

Also, are you a member of the Booyaa Tribe?

Kiyo
[signature]
[cool][font "Times New Roman"][size 3] Checked out the website for the Water Skeeters. Didn't spend much time looking at the pontoon, but the "Pontoob" model called the "DayTripper" got my attention. Is this the one you used? I did notice a couple of pics of one in your Photos section.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]It is about the same size and flotation as the Outcast Super Fat Cat, but I would have to really look one over up close and personal to render a final opinion. After jockeying a Kennebec...and repairing pinhole leaks...I would probably prefer to stay away from the PVC bladders in the future. [/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Also, without actually sitting in one, on the water, I can't judge the comfort factor. It looks like the side pockets might be just a tad high for my tastes. I don't like to ride with my elbows resting too high. But, if everything fits within the outside pockets, then I could handle that.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]The last potential concern, after experiencing some grief in my Kennebec, is the wind profile. With all that height, it would seem to catch more air in a stout breeze. That is still one of the advantages of a donut. It sits lower in the water, with more of your anatomy acting as a wind anchor. If you prefer to sit higher, as I do, that becomes a tradeoff.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]I don't remember seeing a pricetag. What do they ticket out at?[/size][/font]
[signature]
Tubedude,

They cost $299.99 regular price but they are going to be on sale this weekend at some fair in Orange County for $99.99!! Yes, the one I have is a Skeeter Day Tripper. About the side pockets.. The zipper goes the wrong way!! When it is closed it is away from you on the bottom. When you open them up you pull the zipper towards you and things can easily fall out! I'll take some more pictures of mine since I already have it set up for tomorrow morning. It's going to be awhile before I can load a picture on because I haven't been able to get the BFT site working yet. As soon as I get the site up I will post the pictures. Unless you guys don't mind editing the pictures for today.

Kiyo
[signature]
[cool] I can take large files on my email, so send them over and I will size them and Personal Mail them back to you so you can post what you want...copy and paste. By the way, I've been checking out more of the pics and info on the website.

I was thinking I might show up at the tourney tomorrow. I'll bet my little arms woule get tired if I tried to fly all that way though...and I don't think I can make it down the Colorado, around the tip of Baja and back to Long Beach in my Kennebec by blast off time. Maybe some other time.

As good as the special price is on the Day Tripper, I think I will stick with my plan to pursue the Outcast. Soon as I win the lottery, I'm all over it.
[signature]
Hello Guys,

I saw those $99 Specails today at The Sportsman's Expo at the Fairplex in Pomona, they sure look tough and look like a steal at $99. Also the Expo is definetly worth going to.

Kiyo, If you need help posting photo's feel free to send them my way, I can have them FTP'd and send you the paths to post them. You can email them as attachments to me at [url "mailto:mgh@bigfishtackle.com"]mgh@bigfishtackle.com[/url]
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
[cool] [font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Here's a pic provided by Kiyo, of a 'butt-ready WaterBug. They look formidable. And, at $99 are definitely a super bargain. I would say that they would be a good craft for most anglers.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]After doing my "due diligence", including some of the previous input by resident expert Kiyo, I think there are some design issues I would prefer to try to do without. However, for someone not quite as opinionated and discriminating as myself...GO FOR IT.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Anyone who would like help in setting up their craft with rod holders and such, you will find lots of ideas and even some ready made stuff (at reasonable prices), on Kiyo's site [url "http://www.baytubers.com"]www.baytubers.com[/url] .[/size][/font]

[Image: SCOU1712CustomImage0844363.jpg]
[signature]
For those of you who have baby's! This float tube makes a great rocking chair in the living room![Smile]

Kiyo
www.baytubers.com
[signature]
[cool] Be careful. Booyaa just got one from the show. Don't make him feel bad...yet. Anyway, I think Mr. B. will be joining the Laguna Niguel navy before he gets up to chasin' 'butts.

Speaking of babies, I just got some new fishing scales. Tried 'em out on my neighbor's cute little baby girl, fresh home from the hospital. Can you believe she weighed 25 pounds. Must have been a tough birth.
[signature]
25 pounds!!! Are you serious? [Smile] Hey, you never know?

Kiyo
www.baytubers.com
[signature]
[Wink] You're so easy you're not any fun. JOKE JOKE. it was a newborn baby that weighed seven pounds at the hospital, but 25 on my fishing scales.

Dang. I shouldn't a told that. Now when I say I got a ten pounder, you're gonna know how to extrapolate for my fishing scales. Oh well, we're all fishermen here, right?

Like the joke about two old boys swapping fish stories. The first one said he caught a five pound brown trout out from under the old bridge. The second one said he snagged an old lantern and when he pulled it out of the water, the flame was still burning.

First angler challenges the second one, totally disbelieving what he heard. The second angler says "Okay, you take a couple of pounds off your fish and I'll put the lantern out."

Sorry, Kiyo. You don't know me yet. I take fishing very seriously, but I don't take myself too seriously. FUN FUN FUN.
[signature]
I plan on killin' Yellows over at Catalina in that bad-boy. It's all in the drag. Im hopin' to get dropped off on the Backside of Catalina's at the Farnsworth Bank and landing a Farneytail.

Come on Kiyo don't I just have to slam an anchor on the back and Im Stylin'.

Post the basic necessities for ocean when you get a chance.

Thanx All you have been way helpful.
[signature]
Romero,

There are currently around 7 big Great Whites that live around Catalina Island!! If you do this just make sure the boat that you launch from stays with you. The currents can push you out fast! Heard stories of that happening from a couple of guys. Take your yak out there!

Check out my site under "NEW TO FLOATTUBING" it has a list of almost everything you will need.

Kiyo
www.baytubers.com
[signature]
Thanx kiyo, I've checked out your site you did a great job, solid information.

7 Great Whites, Holy Shit! That reminds me of Jaws, appreciate the heads

Up.

I took a shot of the last one I mis-Gaffed. LOL

[url "javascript:void(0)"][Image: PredationsP1252-30Small.jpg][/url].
[signature]
Thanks Romero![Smile]

Here is a Great White that I caught at Cherry Beach a couple of months ago!

[Image: SATO3587CustomImage0226316.jpg]
[signature]
[cool] I'd say that you not only got the posting and pixel count down, you also got the manipulation thing goin' on too.

If you wanna impress me, let's see a shot lookin' right down a great white's big mouth. Better yet, how about a side shot showing you "lipping" one of those bad boys. They got teeths almost as nasty as halibut.

Good stuff, Kiyo. Always enjoy your posts, and I drop in on your "other home" every time I need a kick in the rememberies.
[signature]
[Image: SATO3587CustomImage0257491.jpg]
How about this![Wink] This is a 16 pound Halibut that was 34 1/2". You guys ever hear about people putting their fingers into the Halibuts mouth to get a hook? LOL!!! It happens all the time!! If they could only see this picture! LOL

Kiyo

[url "http://www.baytubers.com"]www.baytubers.com[/url]
[signature]