Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Creek.....
We made up to LC about 10 and fished it until 4.. The ice was a little sketchy (only 3-5"), but we made it! We caught around 30 cutty's between the 2 of us, most were about 10-12". The pictures are of the three that we kept (around 14"-17"). These pictures were taken right before I tried the new fillet technique....... LC is still alive!!!!!!!!!!
[signature]

[signature]
Thanks for the report. Was there any open water? Were you fishing by the dam? How was the road going up? I want to fish LC but with a week of warm weather in the forcast, it may still be a few weeks before I trust it.
[signature]
Awesome!! That's my favorite lake near me (Ogden area) to take my kids. Very cool to hear. I hope the cold temps will return and sure it up a bit. I won't take them on that kind of ice.

Thanks for the update!! [cool]
[signature]
Here is that pic... We were about 100 yards out from the dam (rocks) on the parking lot side.The fish were only about 25'-35' deep and were hitting on almost anything you dropped thru the ice. The roads on the way up were about like the ice was, but that's because of that blizzard that went thru this morning. The drive home wasn't bad at all. We felt safe on the ice, but I would a few weeks to take the kids out.
[signature]
When I fished LC last fall, all that I caught were Rainbows. Last winter when I was ice fishing, all that I cought were Cutthroats. Does anyone know why there are more Cutts in the winter? The Rainbows were cought upstream of the ramp and the Cutts were over where you were fishing, closer to the dam. Do the fish stay segregated like this all year around? The Rainbows were a lot bigger than the Cutthroats and I would like to target them through the ice.
Will I need to fish for Rainbows upstream of the ramp when I go ice fishing for them? Do the Rainbows leave the lake and go upstream for the winter?
[signature]
in my past experience on LC I have found the rainbows were suspended a bit and the cutts were right on the bottom so if you fish it like you would for perch and such you would get cutts. bring it up a couple of reels and bingo rainbows . I have found rainbows all over the lake with ice on it just had to find the level they were holding.
Hope it helps i'll be up there on friday so I'll let ya all know how I did.
[signature]