Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How's your weather out there?
Out here in Illinois is pretty cool around 35ish and we had heavy rains and thunder Monday afternoon. Saw the news on TV that parts of California and Oregon had more rain than they needed.
[signature]
HEY BLUEGILLMAN JUST GOT BACK TO SO. CAL FROM VACATIONING IN FLORIDA WHERE IT AVERAGED IN THE UPPER 70'S AND I CAME BACK TO 24HRS OF STRAIGHT RAIN [Sad] OTHER THAN THAT I THINK WE'RE LOOKING AT MID 70'S LATER THIS WEEK [Smile].

ATFISHING
[signature]
That's just not fair![cool] Here in the middle (UT) it is around 40's and little rain now and then. I shouldn't complain cause the fishin' is great, in the rivers that is. Don't ice fish.
[signature]
Monsoons! We have had rain, rain, rain here in Western Oregon. That's really not too unusual. The Santiam River across from my house is running chocolate brown, bank to bank, and up in the trees. Temps are relatively mild (on an Oregon scale, not a SoCal or Florida scale) in the 45-55 degree range for daytime. Work has kept me indoors most of the time, though it isn't too hard a decision to make when there is nearly as much water in the sky as in the lake.

zonker
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Fair and sunny, with occasional heavy snowstorms...in Utah. The snow is mostly in the mountains, which makes the skiers happy and helps store water for our (fishing) lakes. However, because it has been warmer than normal for this time of year, the ice fishermen are grumbling because a lot of their favorite spots have "iffy" ice.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I'll be ice fishing this next weekend, but after that I should be back in the tube again. There are a couple of lower elevation lakes here that are good after iceout.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Condolences to you guys on the West Coast. I've lived through some of those flooding situations when I lived in California. The only thing you can do is stay on high ground and wait for Mama Nature to quit dumping on ya. Raises heck with the fishing for awhile too unless you like to fish in "chocolate" water.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
The rain is gone for awhile in my area of So.Cal. We are back to mid 70's for the rest of the week. Most of the lakes are so muddy that you can almost walk on top of the water.

Can we call that "Hard Water"?[Tongue]
[signature]
Man here in Utah it's not near cold enough for my comfort. If I cant walk on water, I want to drive on it.. And I dont mean in a boat.. [Wink]
[signature]
The weather, as you are getting from others, changes minute by minute here in Utah. Rain to snow, then sun, then snow to rain. Can deal with all of that due to the no ice fishing thing (too hard to hit the hole constantly with a fly[Wink]) It is the winds that kill my fishing. REAL hard to cast those tiny flies (which is the fly of choice this time of year) into the wind.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]The wind don't blow in Utah. It sucks.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If you are into the fine art of finesse presentations, whether fly flinging or small jigs on light tackle, there's nothing that ruins a trip faster than the nasty ol' W....[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]When I go atubin' I can handle cold water, ice in the guides, slow fishing, kamikaze boaters and all that stuff. But, once the wind comes up enough to make it tough to tell what's going on at the end of my line, you can stick a fork in me. I'm done.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
We are back to upper 70s forthe next couple of weeks. We just got over about 2 weeks of strong W.... here. Kinda hard to even get the tube to stay in one spot long enough to load it up with the goodies.[crazy]
[signature]