Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice condition at Daniels
Would like to head up to Daniels on Friday. Anybody know how the ice is holding up? I'm sure you probably need a plank to get on the ice, but the question might be, is there any good ice after that? A reply before Friday would be appreciated. Thanks.
[signature]
When I asked for the same information, I was told that the edges may be soft. So take a plank with you just in case.
[signature]
In places with single barbless hook no bait regulations how do you guys go about finding the fish. Are you fishing with swedish pimple type hardware, plastics etc...

Thanks ahead of time for any help
Windriver
[signature]
Windriver, next time you head to Daniels check the sign. Unless it changed this year instead of "barbless" it read "barbls or barbles" I love it, for the longest time I wondered what a barbles hook was [Smile]

Also, check with Joy Ride on the next thread "No Bait Fish". He has some question about the regulatins at Daniel's.
PEACE & Tight Lines
[signature]
Thanks for the info. We did end up going. In the morning it was 14 degrees when we got there. It looked like the edges had been soft, but they were plently solid to walk on. We decided to put the plank out any ways, just in case it got soft while we were out. We left at about 1:30, and there was about 2" of standing water on the ice around the edges. We used the plank to get off. You may have gotten wet if you tried getting off without a plank. The fishing was pretty consistent. We ended up with approximately 40-45 between two of us. We only got one over 20. It was 21". He was put back to get bigger, and swim another day. Thanks again for the info.
[signature]
I used plastic jigs in white with glow heads. Be careful and read all packages to make sure that there is no scent added to the plastic jigs. Some add scent or salt and can't be used at Daniels.
[signature]