Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
adopt a striper
rugers university has been conducting its StriperTracker program fo 3 years,with great success.future plans include more hydrophones along the east coast,as well as preforming similar studies on bluefish,weaqkfish,and summer flounder.many fishing clubs,classroom,and businesses have sponcered the 92 bass involved in the rutgers study.they name the fish and are able to track the stripers whereabouts on the StriperTracker wed site.for more info on this project,or to sponcer your own fish. www.StriperTracker.org
[signature]
Thats a wild idea. Looks like it's in Hutch00's backyard. Kind of like a fish finder useing a fish. Maybe some day we'll be able to insert a device to track any fish we want as fisherman.Whats one more toy.
[signature]
That sounds easier than marking your fishing spot with the GPS. All you have to do is mark your fish and you are good to go.[cool]
[signature]
OHHHHH Striper not Stripper[crazy]

I thought I was going to get busted by the wife for reading this one, haha.

tomc, thank you for the heads up, I think were going to adopt one.
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
if i wrote that i would get busted lol,i have caught tagged striper in the thames river in norwich conn.they were tagged in virgina.it amazes me on how far they travel.it would be interesting on the summer flounder,to see actually on how they migrate,i have heard many different conflicting reports on what they do,and travel.i got this post from on the water magazine.theyhad a great artical about it.one striper was tagged in new jersey,5 days latter was located at cape elizabeth maine,back to jersey.and did this for 3 years before he was caught in cape elizabeth maine,by a fisherman,the tag was gone,he found the transmitter,while cleanning it,and phoned in all info on the fish.the transmitter was about to expire so they were happy with all the info .thats great that you want to adopt one,hows this for a name, bigfish cruiser ??
[signature]
Hello tomc,
It is a great program hopefully if its succesful they can try with other fish (if they don't already) Thanks again fr the heads up.

I love the name BigFish Cruiser. I'll keep you posted on this.

Do you know if there is a way an angler can tell they caught the fish without actually cleaning it? I looked on the site and didn't see anything. We were thinking we could put a catch and release bounty on the fish and for anyone who catches it they win BFT gear?
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
they put a yellow tag on them with the info to be called in here a pic from the mag.with the transmitter and tag[inline "striper tras.andtag.jpg"]
[signature]