Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview
Hey I have seen some post about Pineview that say it has 6 inches of ice. Has anyone been up there lately to fish. I can't imagine that there is even ice on it with the temperatures we have had. I would like to catch a few perch and see if they have grown any. I saw a post that said they were catching 11 inchers. That would be nice.
Thanks Wiper24
[signature]
Hey Wiper 24 FB2 and I fished it Sat. There was between 5 and seven inches in most spots. It was a bit thinner the closer to the middle you got. Fishin was fair but the weather was great!!! met some nice folks picked up some good tips.
[signature]
I will be up there friday morning fishing for muskies with skeeter2. check back friday night for the report. Good or bad, there will be some info here.
[signature]
I will be there Friday too, but I will be fishing for perch. I will try to post as well!!!
[signature]
Hey Pred I am seriously thinking of doing the muskie hunt at Pinview myself. I kind of figured that I would use a light steel leader and fish with my current gear. Meaning 6# line on my spinning reel, and change to a shorter 6' med. action rod.

With that said and having paid attention to the post on muskies here (well except when I was sleeping). I was wondering if you had any pointers for me? Like any which kind of lure(s) to use. I saved some of the perch from our last trip So I have something to put on the hook as an enticer. Any other bait I might want to consider? And I have a couple of really old lures that were my dads, he caught everything on them! Stripers, Salmon, CA Halibut all come to mind. They are in great shape and it seems a waste to not use them. I have kept them cause I like looking at them and remembering our fishing trips when I was little. Should I be using single (which I prefer) hooks or trebblie hooks? Colors ......? Thanks in advance Pred
[signature]
Hey road, beats me on what to use, where, or how to use it. I have been catching muskys for about four years now but always in the summer. I am a crank bait man. Lots of guys use spinners and spinnerbaits, I even know one guy who landed one fishing for smallies on 8 lb.mono, using a brown curl tail grub. I dont usually fish pineview during the ice season due to the main catch being very small perch. But, I figure dedicating some time to ice fishing the big fish has potential, so here I go. I figure I will start in traditional summer musky spots, and see what happens. But I am going soft plastic. Vertical jigging deep on the bottom where the food supply is hanging out. I havent put my time in and havent done my home work so I dont expect too much from my attempt tommorow. But I will pay attention, learn somethings, and begin putting my time in so that some day catching them muskys through the ice will be a regular event.
[signature]
Hey Marty,

If you value your dad's lures you will come up with a heavier line than 6 pound test. It would be difficult to land one on that light of line in the summer, and with a fish rubbing your line around the bottom of an ice hole, in my humble opinion, it would be impossible to catch one through the ice with 6 pound test ice fishing.

BTW - be sure to read the restrictions in the fishing proclamation on the use of dead minnows at Pineview.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Good observation, Kent. Ya, road, if those lures have sentimental value, I wouldn't risk it. I'd rather use something I wouldn't mind losing. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I've got some big (4") perch colored tubes that just might do the trick with a strip of perch meat on them. Give me your addy on a PM and I'll send you one or two. I doubt a perch will hit them but if they do it'll be a good one![/size][/font]
[signature]