Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spot another tossed out tube...
At work, next door was a nursery land. They sold the land to the developers and they are using heavy machines to move the land around. There is a big steel barn and they are taking it down one by one as I can see the new owners of the heavy machinery wants it. I would too but it is way big than I could have. Anyway on the walk to my truck I spot a tossed out "tubin" and thought I should take it. Not wanting to do it while the guys were there drinking beer after the day's work and the weekend's starting. Looks so much like the Fishmaster one that I just got last spring. Another one! I told my wife lets stop on way back tonight after dinner and pick it up before the trash guys come any day for it. She says if it needs work DON'T bring it home again! Went there and pointed the truck lights towards it and she says wow another one just like what I have! Walked to get it and got it off the junk pile and found it very same kind of material but found it not a belly float but a tubing for water sport. Darn.....close... I have seen other water sport falling apart and this one seems strong. I didn't wanted it so left it there.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]You've got to learn to have better dreams than that. If you are going to hallucinate, you need to make that junker tube a nice well fitted out pontoon or something.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]My only problem is when I dream of finding something nice like that, I am bummed out the next morning when I wake up and the prize did not make it there with me.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Hope your next treasure turns out to be something better. Keep lookin'. If you have yard sales in your area, they are sometimes good places to spot decent tubes for decent prices. I know I have sold off a lot of them over the years, and usually for only small amounts of money. I usually almost give them away if it is for a kid or for some guy that is really passionate about getting into tubing but does not have much money.[/#0000ff]
[signature]