Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Pics from Today
I braved the monsoons and took my tube out to one of my favorite private lakes today - the one I've mentioned here before that contains the Golden Rainbow Hybrids. The fish were active and quite willing to eat my flies. While I was under pounding rain most of the day they didn't seem to mind. In fact, the cover provided by the rain seemed to counter their caution. These fish ran between 2 1/2 and 4 pounds and had some "shoulders" to them. All were released to fight another day.

[Image: Golden-1a.jpg]
[Image: Golden-2a.jpg]
[Image: Golden-3a.jpg]

The fish above isn't foul hooked. The barbless fly just slipped out and got tangled in the net.

[Image: Golden-4a.jpg]

I fished until nearly dark. The last ones I caught triggered the flash on my camera so it looks like it was totally dark. It wasn't. Just dusk.

[Image: Golden-5a.jpg]

[Image: Golden-6a.jpg]

[Image: Golden-7a.jpg]

Fly of the day was the same black Wooly Bugger with a florescent orange bead head that you've seen in some of my previous posts. All in all, a good day to be out - and I had the place to myself. Guess there was no one else as crazy. I like days like that.

zonker
[signature]
HEY ZONKER WHENEVER I GO OUT AND FISH IN THE RAIN MY WIFE TELLS ME I'M CRAZY[crazy], I JUST TELL HER "THE FISH DON'T MIND.....THEY'RE ALREADY WET" [Wink].
GOOD JOB ON THOSE GOLDIES, BEAUTIFUL FISH GOOD TO KNOW THEY HAVE SHOULDERS ON THEM. HERE IN SO CAL IN A FEW PAY TO PLAY LAKES THEY STOCK SOMETHING SIMILAR CALLED A LLOYD, THEY'RE HUGE BUT FIGHT VERY LITTLE FOR THEIR SIZE [Sad].

AT
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Just goes ta show ya that when a true fisherman's desires build up, he just gotta get out and do something about it.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Glad you got out and even gladder that the fishies wanted to play too. That one black pattern seems to be holding up as the favored fly.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Nice pics.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Funny about the fly, TD. I tried a half dozen other patterns and they would have none of them. Switched back to the black/orange one and they loved it. No accounting for it. What the fish like the fish get.

AT, I think I like fishing in the rain. (Good quality for Oregon fishermen.) Fish are usually less cautious and it keeps all but the real nuts off the water. (Of course, what then am I doing out there? The answer is obvious.)

z~
[signature]
Way to go Zonker. I always love to fish for Trout in the rain. It keeps the crowds away and makes it a better day.[cool]
[signature]
I wish! That kind of action is still a few months away for me as all of my waters up here in Ontario are various degrees of "hard". I'm going to tie up some of those beaded buggers. Black leeches and buggers have always produced for me. The addition of the bead seems to make the pattern even more effective. I can't, however, get the beads I have in that colour onto an appropriate hook. Therefore I will mount the bead on a clipped straight pin and lash it to the hook before I begin tying the fly. That should do the trick.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey Z, this is why we prefer to have pics attached to posts, rather than copied and pasted from a photobucket. Your pics have disappeared from your post...making the post much less valuable in the archives for others who want to refer back to it in the future.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[reply]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey Z, this is why we prefer to have pics attached to posts, rather than copied and pasted from a photobucket. Your pics have disappeared from your post...making the post much less valuable in the archives for others who want to refer back to it in the future.[/#0000ff] [/reply]

[cool]I hear ya.

I've always used my personal space, not photobucket for such pics. Some time back I changed providers but for nearly 2 years I've kept the old account open at a personal monthly cost because I had so many Bigfish pics linked to it. Finally I cancelled it for financial reasons and the links died. Couldn't keep paying for two accounts. Before I cancelled it I went back through some of my old posts and tried to update them but the time factor soon overwhelmed me.

Now we can upload them to Big Fish and include them in the text of the post. If I recall properly (and my memory is a bit fuzzy here) we didn't have that function before (or maybe I didn't realize it.) If they were included inline we had to put them somewhere else.

Sorry 'bout the old posts. I held onto them for a long time to avoid this very thing. Rest assured that I'll always upload them to the Bigfish server before including them inline as I have been doing for awhile now. I hate broken links, too - especially when they're mine.

z~
[signature]