Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mudlake-Report
They might as well change the name of Mudlake to perch heaven this year. We arrived a little later then usual on Saturday. BSflies already had a stack of very large perch on the ice. (I will let him fill in the details) So I pulled my 134lb ice house + propane bottle, gas auger, cooler, 10 ice poles, 3 fishing boxes, two ice scoops, and an Aqua-View about 50 Yards West of him and started drilling. It was a fun day because my wife, sister, three sons, brother and sister in law, three nephews and a niece came out of on the ice to join me. Most of the group had not ice fished before so they were over-joyed by the quick response that the fish gave to the jigs and bait.

I mostly baited hooks and took fish off between 11:00-2:30. The kids landed over 80 perch with twenty five of them coming in over 7". Then everybody packed up and went home except for my son and I. We went back out for an hour just as BSflies was coming in. His holes had been producing larger fish so we took over where he left off. Almost immediately my son hook a 12" perch and and as soon as he put back down he caught another one. I caught several in the 8-9" range. We fished for exactly one hour. We caught 42 perch using one pole each and of those 10 were keepers. Anyway it was a great day. We finished off the event by having everyone over last night for a perch dinner.

Hope everyone else had a good weekend.

Windriver
[signature]
Mud Lake treated me and my son-in-law, Jesse, had a great day. I fished 3 hours before Jesse got there and had over 80 perch with one 13 incher and about 15 over 8 inches. Jesse fished for about two hours catching about 70 fish. Then I continued fishing after he left for another two hours.

We caught a total of 223 fish with 48 of them over 8 inches. Mud Lake is the best perch fishing right now that I have ever had. We caught most of the fish out of three holes. The holes were 6 and a half feet deep - the deepest that I have found in the lake. Next year I will take my boat out and look for the deep holes on the lake and then mark them.

There was over 100 fishermen on the lake on Saturday, but they were all scattered very well. My next chance of hitting the lake will be on Civil Rights Monday - I am already looking forward to it.

Bill
[signature]
Sounds like you guys had an awsome day! I am sure I will be out to Mud lake in the next week, or so. I understand the chore of baiting hooks, and it sounds like you were quite busy. I just expect my future grandchildren to do the same when I reach 90+. Thanks for the report.

Ovid Creek
[signature]