Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Santa Ana River Lakes 01-08-03
wow another crazy day at the lakes.

this was now my 2 trip in a row with out a single bite.

fished everything from nightcrawls,kastmasters,roostertails, and just about every color powerbait they make for nothing!!

I had great success earlier this season with all of these baits. including a 9 pound rainbow on powerbait.

Today i fished levitz coner were i watched Jack Kobel of valley center catch a 7 pounder on rainbow power bait. There were two 8 pound rainbows in the ice chest at the snack shack both coming from the bubble hole on crave. So i did see a few nice ones but nothing for me. its wild 15 fish one day and not a bite in the same spot the next.

got any hot hints? let me know i have to change something.

going to fish lagauna on friday. I'll kept in touch

Illin D

Got any hot hints?
[signature]
[size 2][size 1]Hey Illin_D,[/size]

[size 1]Thanks for the report, I've heard the same thing said a lot lately, bite at Irvine is on fire or dead not a lot of happy medium, I guess a couple slow days is always worth that one smoking hot day!!! As far as tips go, try the kitchen sink, it sounds like you've thrown everything else at'em. Only thing missing is a new day, if at first you don't succeed .......[/size]

[size 1]I saw your co-workers at the Sportsman's expo today, great show, how did you get away with playing hooky, or were you working the landing?[/size][/size]
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Play hookie? What day were you talking about?
[signature]
I meant play hookie from the show (just kidding), I went on Friday.
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator