Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
strawberry yesterday
Ended up fishing strawberry yesterday in the soldier creek area. The fishing wasn't fast and furious, but it was alright. I ended up catching about 10-12 fish mostly cuts in the slot with one that was probably a keeper, but I couldn't get to the tape fast enough and didn't want to hurt the poor guy so I put him back down the hole. Slayerace did end up with one keeper and caught about the same number of fish. Our other friend however was not so lucky. He ended up zippo for the day, but it was mostly due to not being as experienced at detecting and hooking the soft bites. They were pretty soft on the bites yesterday, but I still managed to pull a few through the ice. There was no slush at all and it was -8 when we arrived.
jed
[signature]
Did you go down towards the dam and was there any open water?
When I was there just after Christmas, the was open water near the marina and towards the dam.
Just wondering.
[signature]
yea we went quite a ways down there and yes there was open water, but it looked like it was pretty close to the dam before it was open. All you could see was the steam coming off it,
jed
[signature]
thanks for the reply
[signature]