Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quiet
Surely is quiet around here. Did everyone finally succumb to the hard water and go elsewhere?

zonker
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey rabble-rouser, what would we do 'thout ya on dis board?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I don't know about everybody else, but TubeBabe and I have been practicing our coughing. It has been going very well. We cough like experts. %&$#$ colds.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Mother Nature is being a real mother here again this week. After a couple of weeks of milder temperatures it is back in the deep freeze again with a series of snow storms coming through. Not ideal tubing conditions.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]While I have not been tubing, I have been busy. I have just finished putting together my tubing goals for 2006. I have listed 39 different waters and 33 different species I plan to go after in Utah this year. I also plan to hit a few different waters in Nevada, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado during the year, and to add several species unique to those waters.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If time and happenstances permit, I may even add a trip or two to California. Need to join up with my tubin' fambly over there.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]So, I may be makin' a slow start on '06, but I plan to finish it in style.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]First planned trip is next week, after my coughing subsides and wherever I can find some open water to float my ride.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
We will keep any extra tube lit....err.....afloat for y'all when ya gits here.

It looks like we may be able to meet up with you and theangler in CO this spring.[cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]That would be COOO-ELLL. Planning to put a hurtin' on some big northern pike. That is, if they don't chomp down and put a hurtin' on me first. It would be good to have a pike flotilla goin'.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]By the way TubeSon san, I have not been idle at the bench. I have a bunch of new stuff about ready to send West.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Good to know you guys are OK. At least semi-OK, TD. We've had that stuff here, too, but so far I've managed to avoid it. I know I'm fighting the odds.

Sounds like an ambitious itinerary. I think my plans are a bit more modest - or at least a bit more local. I hope to do as much fishing.

Hope you guys and gals survive the plague. I look forward to a wellness report very soon.

zonker
[signature]
I'LL BE DOING SOME TUBING THIS FRIDAY OR SAT, LET YOU GUYS KNOW HOW IT GOES, NOT SURE WHERE YET.........BAY OR LAKE?

TD IT WOULD BE A PLEASURE TO FISH WITH YA IF YOU GET DOWN HERE TO SO CAL...........BASS, HALIBUT, CATFISH, TROUT, BLUEGILL, WHATEVER. I ALSO HAVE MY ANNUAL 2 DAY CHARTER FOR THE TUNA AUGUST 2ND AND 3RD..............BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW.

AT
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I ain't bashful. I'll let you folks in California know when I'm on the way. You should have fair warning so you can protect the women and kids...and hide the "good stuff".[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Me for one. I'm waiting for warm weather to get out fishing! All I can do is read the posts and dream.......
[signature]
Still around. Just wallowing in self-pitty at winter's deathly shrowd ....
Whenever i go up to my in-laws I am reminded that I own a tube and i can't frickin' use it .... AAARRRGGGHHH!!!! I wish I were in Africa. 365 days of tubin' it would be .... yeah!
[signature]
Thought about doing some ice fishing this weekend - forget it! Too warm for thick enough ice, but cold enough to maintain a layer of ice to prevent me fishing any of the lakes. Crumbs I hate winter.
[signature]
I think that Africa is kind of far away. Why don't you try SoCal. It quite a bit closer and you can still tube all year.[cool]
[signature]