Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Ideas?
My buddy wants to get a belly float. He has no idea on which one. Never been in one. On the Creek Company had an sale on those three tubes a while ago, he can offord the $50.00 one and was trying to get one but trouble is he is deaf. He tried to email them for the one he wanted and waited. He waited some more and then wrote them a letter asking for it. He says got the letter back and said it was sold out. I kinda felt bad about what he was doing. I told him try calling him on the relay, he did the other day. I asked what happened there? He says they were already sold out and they had another one at $99.00 and he says was kinda high than he wanted to spend. Well I just didn't like how Creek Company is running the sales. I told him forget about them lets see if we can find something better. I would like to ask you TubeDude or anyone of you guys on which brand is good for the money that he is looking for. Any ideas, guys?
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Sorry for your friend's frustration. That is what can happen when you buy directly from a manufacturer who plays games to stimulate interest in their product. You are usually better off to buy locally, from a dealer who knows about customer service and values each individual customer.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]There are some "price lines" of tubes available both in larger fishing tackle outlets and online. Caddis used to be a good craft for beginners and budget shoppers. I have owned several Caddis "round boats" and "u-boats". All are good value. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The WW Griggs line is another low priced craft that allows someone to try tubing without blowing the family fortune. They are usually sold as a price leader in large sports stores. Here in Utah, Sportsmans Warehouse sells a lot of them. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]This is the time of year when you can watch for big sports, boat and fishing shows to come to the area. Many manufacturers offer fantastic "show deals" to attract new buyers. There are also some occasional clearance sales, by sports outlets, to clear out last years models so they can stock the new stuff.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Tell your friend to be patient and to look around. Bring him onto our board and have him look through the posts and the picture board to get ideas and to learn more before he plunks down his money. We will be happy to help him make the best buy for the buck.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]After all, it will be awhile yet before you can put a craft on the water. Might as well take your time in shopping.[/#0000ff]
[signature]