Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any ice at Flaming Gorge
Going out to fish (by boat) the Gorge mid-next week. Does anyone know of any ice on the lake - Fishley maybe? Thanks for any info.
[signature]
A couple of the back bay's around Buckboard have ice ...outside of that it's all open and ready for your boat. Give me a call chris
Jared Johnson/sockeyeslayer
[signature]
You could also check out the Wyoming BFT board, I saw a recent report there. WH2
[signature]
as of 2 day's ago there were big chunk's of ice floating all over the lake from the pipe line up make's it hard to fish when you are hitting ice chunck's all over and not a lot of fish to be found so if your in too fishing south that would be the best there is a lot of fish in swim but thay have been pounded hard make's em lock jawed bad havent been down the canyon for a while but that should be geting good too north suck's bad but with these high wind's the ice should be broke up pertty good can let ya now again after the weekend I'am headed out in the morn for the weekend too try my hand but this dang W need's to go make's fishing tuff as hell.later Fishley[Wink]
[signature]
There wasnt much ice when i was there last week.It has been getting cold enough at nite to make ice ,then the winds come up during the day . As fishely said there are some ice patches floating around.I hope to take the boat out tomorrow myself,if the W isnt to bad.Figured to put in at anvil and maybe give the humps a try.
[signature]
Or you could just not go to the gorge at all without me. I'm sure there are huge chunks of ice everywhere that will just ruin your boat and make it a terrible trip. I also heard that hurricanes are expected up there the nest two weeks. Might just have to stay home.
[signature]
About when do Buckboard and Anvil usually freeze up? I've been up there around the first of Feb the last couple of years, but seem to remember people fishing the ice for a while before I got there.
[signature]
Usually we're sneaking our way south of the confluence this time of year. Infact, last year we (as I recall) were fishing nearly as far south as the Current Creek area by this time.
I'm not holding out a lot of hope for this season to be able to find safe ice (or should I say, what I concider safe ice) below Buckboard unless John and Ash have to spend a couple weeks Freezen their butts off first. [Wink]
[signature]
Hey coldfooter, I saw those pics from last year, what you concider safe ice and what I concider safe ice are a little different. I think you would have had a hard time convincing fuzzy to walk out there with you last year.
[signature]