Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Cisco
Has anyone been to bear lake lately? I have started catching cisco in previous years around the 10th. I havn't been out latey mostly because of the weather.

Bodine
[signature]
There were a few guys up there last week(Thursday) but it was slow, I'm not sure if they tried jigging for cisco. If the weather holds, we will be up there tomorrow, checking out the rockpile. We were expecting to hear a report from Scott(BLFG) today, maybe he will make a report later, I hope. I'll post some thing when I get back if it is good, if not I'll send you a PM.
[signature]
Good luck finding the fish tomorrow, I hope you all get into them good. I'll have to try and get up there again soon I think. Maybe catch a big mack while they are feeding on the cisco's.
[signature]
Jeff,

How much new snow did you guys get up that way from last nights storm? I am hoping that it will be some what possible to launch from the cisco side of things or first point to go after the ciscos with the boat. Much rather do that this time of year if possible than come from the west side across. I dont have as big a brass as Old Coot does to take my smaller boat across the lake to go after them

RILEY
[signature]
We got a total of around 4" but the wind blew real hard all night so there could be some bad drifts.

Bodine
[signature]
I was talking to Pugstone's an hour ago. They say there are a few dropping jigs on the rockpile but not much action for cisco yet.
[signature]
[unsure] Sounds like I just better get out the neoprenes and get ready to go after them that Way. I have been talking with Fish1on. We will probably be up on the 21st to give it a whirl. Hopefully the weatehr will cooperate a little. Thanks for the info

RILEY
[signature]
I wish I was off the 21st I'd take you guys out. But I won't have any weekends off for about 5 weeks.[unsure]

Bodine
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Bodine 11: I was up on the Blue pond just this Tuesday with Trophyhunter, I took my Aqua-view along, we hooked up with cutts only!! I put my camara down in the big rocks (old rockpile), and saw no cisco, on my side of the boat, Trophyhunter said he saw a couple cisco's in his aqua-view, I personaly saw whites, cutts, and a Mack (Mack was off in the distance), Just for fun I put my camara on TH's side of the boat, by his camara, but saw no cisco, I most likely frightended the little dudes off, when I droped the camara in.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3] My guess is they are running 1 or two weeks late, just like the Fall & Winter seems to be some what behind. But we'll keep on the look-out.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Thanks BC you could be right about them spawning a little later this year. The weather has been pretty wierd. If I was to bet I'd say the lake isn't going to freeze this winter at least enough to ice fish. I could be wrong though a couple weeks of below zero and no wind would do it.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I have to agree with ya B-11: I was really looking forward to drilling down a good 12-14" through the ice, then kick'n back for some ice jigging action on the pond this winter, but like me lucking out and catching that Monster Mack this year, just isn't in the cards. [unsure][/size][/black][/font]
[signature]