Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Recomendations for a video camera?
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2] I am considering buying a hand-held digital video camera to capture fishing events and share video clips here on BFT. I have absolutely no clue as to where to even begin. Any help or suggestions on brands, or features to consider would be helpful. Do you think I could pick one up for a couple hundred dollars? Any things I need to keep in mind when shopping for one or any things that I might want to avoid? I do plan to start looking in camera stores, Walmart, Sam's, etc. But I just got the idea today and have no idea where to begin.[/font][/size]
[signature]
I would first go to a good camera store and ask them what is the best and why, and why one is better than the others..

I would not talk about price untill I found out what features you would need and what brand and then look for the best deal...

Also you would want a high power optical zoom...not to be Confused with digital zoom.

[signature]
you can pick up some in that price range, but they will be pretty darn stripped down. I would plan on at least 300 with the best bang for buck models being just over three hundred and the best featured around 4-500$. If you let me know what models you are looking at I can give you some advice, I have been selling them for 6 years now,
jed
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Old Coot, I'm sure technoldgey has been up'd since I got mine, but some of the things I like about my Panasonic Palmcorder is the 3-way pc link, ie MMC card, USB port, transfer keys. Also it has Hi-Defination Zoom at 20X with a 300X power digital, and it records in stereo, with easy read "Edit buttons". Now days you can get really get into some big X power units, Big $$$ is all you need. These are just a few things I like about my Palm-Corder. I also have an extra battery that lets me record up to 3hrs long.
Like bassrods says optical is better, but to "capture fishing events", that could become somewhat pricy I hear. Give me a call, I can tell you more about my mini DV Palm-Corder.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Jed,
I'm looking for a new digital camera. I don't need a video one, just a regular camera. Mine is a 1.2 mega-pixel but it sucks bad compared to new ones. I just want one that takes pictures of fish without spending a lot of money. It also has to be stupid simple to operate, point, push button, that sort of thing. I don't want to spend more then 300, can you help me out? I've been looking hard but I hear so many things from different stores I'm Confused. Remember, I'm techno challanged, except fishfinders and GPS's, I happen to know a little about them.

IFG
LOOK ON RITZCAMERA.COM NIKON COOL PIX 4600 IT IS A 4.0 PIXEL FOR $180 OR GO TO INKLEYS PHOTO TO GET A GOOD LOOK AT THE CAMERA......RITZ OWNS INKLEYS
[signature]
GO TO RITZCAMERA.COM LOOK AT THE CANON'S GREAT CAMERAS FOR THE MONEY......RITZ CAMERA OWNS INKLEYS....BUT IT IS CHEAPER TO BUY THROUGH RITZ.....NO TAX AND MOST OF THE TIME FREE SHIPPING
[signature]
Coot - I just wrote an article about video cameras and filming outdoor adventures. Especially fishing, which I do all the time. And then I use an editing program to put the footage into a "show" type format.
Anyway, I've used 2 different types: Mini DV & Digital 8mm. Both make for good video, but my favorite camera is my Sony 8mm. The digital quality is just so good. You'd never be disappointed with it.
Hope you find one you like, and have a good time with it!
[signature]