Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon 1/13/06
Hit East canyon today with some friends. We fished over by bouys in about 26' of water. The fish were pretty active in the early hours then slowed around noon. Caught all the fish on white, green, and chartruse crickets, booger, and rat finkies. We probably caught near 50 between 4 of us.
Here is a picture of my best fish of the day. It went 16" and was really fat. It is a dark male rainbow (kinda blends in with the camo). The funny part about this fish is that I left my pole and went to talk with slimerslayer and his buddies. While I was gone my brother and friends decided they were going to try and "get me". They reeled in my line, took of my bait and replaced it with some pears (Del monte I believe), then put my line back to were I had it. When I returned I looked things over (expecting a prank) didn't see anything suspicious so I went about my ways. After a few minutes I saw some fish on the finder, dropped down to them and nailed one. They all could'nt believe that I had caught a fish using a pear as bait. Best of all was it was the biggest of the day.
Going to take my son up for a while in the morning. Hopefully it's as good as today.
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 3] Sounds like a backfire to me, got to love it.[/size][/red][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3]AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
Nice report Travis, it looks like it was a nice day at EC, with lots of fish. De Monte pears, never thought trout would go for fruit, maybe your on to something, after all Halojim did catch them last week when using banana smelly jelly. Did you catch them on or near the bottom?
[signature]
Curt, I kinda wondered about that pear- bananna combination. Maybe if a guy were to get a can of mixed fruit you could get a mixed bag of fish?
Most of the fish I caught were around 15' but I did get some as high as 2-3' and as low as just off the bottom. I would watch for them to move through on the finder and them move accordingly to put in their face.
Now, on that note I went back to the same spot today and with the same jigs and couldn't buy a bite. I could see the fish come right to the jig but they wouldn't take it. They would chase it up or down but that was it. If the weather stays good on monday I might try to get back at them fishies.
[signature]
just wondering how you guys are getting to east canyon. because I tried about a week ago going up parleys, taking the exit, and passing little dell, but the road was closed. is there an alternate route?
[signature]
take I-84 to morgan or you can go threw hennifer
[signature]
thanks petty
[signature]
Nice fish Travis. I was suppose to join you guys, but John gave me some bum info as usual and I was farther north aat the Taylor Hollow pull off. I even had smoked fish and sausage, cheese and crackers for everyone. The fish were the ones that John and I caught out of there the weekend before. I already gave him a rash of _ _ _ _ for not turning on his phone that he had with him all day. Anyway it was a great day Landed 12 by 12, had two break off and lost 3 other sets. All in all a good day.
[signature]
You can also go all the way up to Jeremy Ranch exit then take the back road throught the ranch. If I remember right it is the next left after the stop sign, after the driving range, then follow it all the way through. Dont try it right after a storm though as they do not maintain the road.
[signature]
Halo, I kept askin John if you were gonna show up and he said yeah.Remember what I said about John and driving....he never does so obviously his directions suck also.North..south..up..down..Taylor Hollow..Mutton Hollow....he has no clue! Anyway, sorry we missed you.Smoked trout and salami would've complimented our BBQ'd sausages quite nicely.Had a pretty good day landing 30 fish between the four of us.Bite was very light where we were...made it very difficult to consume beverages and hook fish at the same time! We'll have to hook up and fish together....leave John out of the planning process and, like always, I'll just throw him in the backseat and let him be a passenger.
[signature]
Look forward too it. I asked John what good a cell phone does in his bucket when he doesn't turn it on. His reply was, he knows he's a low life and needs to be reprimanded. I didn't disagree, but you have to be nice to the guy with the banana SJ. See you on the ice soon. ROB
[signature]