Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lifetime Fishing License
UT DWR in years years past offered a lifetime license.

How many of you would be interesting in a lifetime fishing license?

Maybe if enough squeaky wheels requested the return of the lifetime license, the TPTB amongst the DWR will revive it.

[signature]
I bought mine in 92 and it was the best investment I've ever made. The reason they discontinued them was because the DWR could see they would get less money from everyone in the long run. I believe if they ever start it up again, they would charge more for them, like Wyoming does. In Wyoming it is based on your age, with the youngest paying the most, I think $1500.00, over 65 is $500.00, I think.
[signature]
KEEP PRAYING... I GOT MINE THE LAST DAY THEY WERE ON SALE. LAST HR IN FACT. IT MADE MY WIFE PSSSED. NOW SHE IS GLAD I HAVE IT. WHATS SAD IS THEY WERE ON SALE FOR EVER AND ABOUT 1000 PEOPLE BOUGHT THEM. THE LAST DAY THEY SALOD OVER 3000 IN 6 HRS. THAT LINE WAS PAINFUL.
[signature]
You are so right Ken, when I bought mine in 92, I think they had been for sale for 8 years, my number is 1048. It sure is amazing how many were sold once people found out the DWR was going to stop selling them.
[signature]
I only wish they would do that again! I grew up in Wyoming and have one from there, but when I moved here they were long gone!! I hope they will do it, but I doubt they will. If they do and knowing the DWR, I might have to sell a kid to buy one!! Still, hope they do and I would buy one tomorrow!
[signature]
I HAD A FREIND FROM A BIG SO UTAH TRUCKING CO GIVE ME A CALL HE TOLD ME HIS BUDDY JUST CALLED HIM AND TOLD HIM HE WAS SIGHNING THE BILL. HIS BUDDY WAS GOVENNER LEVIT... THANK GOD HE CALLED HIS OLD BUDDIES TO LET IT OUT OR ID STILL BE BUYING THEM WITH THE REST. IM #4476. 11 YRS THE REST OF MY LIFE IS FREE!!!!!! I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT IT COST FOR A FISHING LIC UPLAND GAME LIC OR DEER PERMIT. THEY ARE ALL INCLUDED. GLAD I DIDNT GET A TICKETT ON THE WAY TO THE DWR THAT MOURNING AS WEEL I WAS 110 DOWN I FIFTEEN.
[signature]
[font "Zurich Ex BT"][blue][size 3]Hey Curt, [/size][/blue][/font]
[font "Zurich Ex BT"][blue][size 3][/size][/blue][/font]
[font "Zurich Ex BT"][blue][size 3]Lifetime licenses in Wyo are actually a lot less, here is a list.[/size][/blue][/font]

[left][/left] [right] [left]LIFETIME LICENSE FEES [/left] [left]Game bird and small game--$251.00 [/left] [left]Game bird and small game with conservation stamp--$401.50 [/left] [left]Game bird, fishing and small game only--$401.00 [/left] [left]Game bird, fishing and small game with conservation stamp--$551.50 [/left] [left]Fishing only--$251.00 [/left] [left]Fishing with conservation stamp--$401.50 [/left] [left]Conservation stamp only--$150.50 [/left][/right]

[font "Zurich Ex BT"][blue][size 3]I got my lifetime license when it was 250 for the lifetime fishing and only 75 for the lifetime conservation stamp. It is the best investment Ive ever made, anyone in Wyoming that fishes would be crazy not to get one. Who knows how long it will last.[/size][/blue][/font]
[signature]
You have to be a Wyo. resident for 7 years to buy any of them. The only exception is the conservation stamp. I'm glad I bought mine before I left. Worth every penny!
[signature]
[font "Zurich Ex BT"][#0000ff]Hey F4F, Now you have to be a resident for 10 years. [/#0000ff][/font]
[signature]
Wow.. changed it huh? Interesting.. just glad I have one I guess. [Smile]
[signature]
Someone told me that was the price for a combo Wyoming Lifetime license, I guess they were wrong, unless I got my states wrong and it was Idaho. Anyone out there know what they cost in Idaho? WH2
[signature]
I would love to see a lifetime fishing license, but I doubt it will happen.
[signature]
Well they say that the squeaky wheel gets the grease well lets squeak.....

[signature]
My mom and pops live in Oklahoma. They got a lifetime license for free for being senior citizens. I always felt Utah was all about the dollar when I lived there with all their restrictions and limits IMHO.

You can have 2 poles in the water during the warm months and 4 poles or tipups during ice season. Annual license, 25.00.
[signature]
Can't you have more than one pole in almost every other state??? Especially out west w/out having to buy the 2 pole permit? Not only do they limit the lakes, they also make you pay for it. With the recent increases in Big Game license and now raising even more in 2007, it really upsets me how Utah runs it's programs. Name a program in the Utah that's successful?? Education?? Hah.. Transportation?? Hah.. DWR?? Hah... the list goes on and on. Yet we are one of the top 10 taxed states in the union. Where's it going??!?!?! [unsure]
[signature]
Just about all of the states I have fished you can but Utah has to have that $$$...

And most of them have the life time license too.....

[signature]
Utah is always after the almighty dollar, why do you think they have the billion dollar surplus, give part of it to education, road improvements and the DWR.
Hey plecopterahopper, I also got my WYO life time fishing/conservation license for $325 right befor the
stamp went up $75. Fish on
[signature]
In reply to all of you Utah folks bashing them poor utah officials well I am from Idaho and when you talk about the almighty dollar well Idaho is not much different.
On year the Idaho fish and game ordered more new trucks than they actually had use for and then they wanted a license and tag increase because they were hurting for money or their budget was out of wack well maybe they should spend our money more wisely.
Most of the fish and game conservation trucks here are extended cabs or bigger and mosty just one person is riding in it. Is that big of truck really needed? I think not.
Sometime they ask for volunteers to help with bitter brush planting and ect.. which is fine, but when the fish and game officials show up they come in about 5 trucks with one person in each truck. Can they save money with their budget and programs? yes I really think so!
But we are not supposed to notice these things happening.
So there is my two bits worth.
Thanks for letting me gripe too.
[signature]
I for one would love to see the license at only 400 that would be great....

[signature]