Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice fishing for crawdads
Fishin4fun, The other mike, Out4Trout and myself hit the berry last nite from 8 pm till about 3 am. Curt and mike were landing fish and curt had the hot stick last for sure. Now to the dads.... Well I learned how to nail a few dads throu the ice, 2 as a matter of fact. Lesson learned last nite make sure that your bottom jig is heavier the top jig. Otherwise you might think your off the botton when in fact your bottom jig is right on the bottom for those dads to keep hitting your bait.
After I figured my suff was in the crawdad territory I desided to reel up a couple cranks. Then I started to land some slimers. I think I landed 10ish or so.
There is alot more to tell but I will let some of the other guys tell a bit

Thanks Curt for a great nite of fishing and letting me join you.
Sorry for all my colorful words last nite but when you have dirty whores hitting your stuff and you can't hook up there is something wrong!!! [Wink]
[signature]
sounds like you guys had a great time.
was the wind blowing alittle last night.
[signature]
Clear nite with very little wind was really nice.I had 3 firsts last nite 1st catching the dads throu the ice. 2nd Nite Ice fishin. 3rd steped right in a a ice and went up to knee. Can you say feetcicles. I was a great time!!!
[signature]
It was a great night on the ice!! I must say that BassAckwards is the one of the best Crawdad fisherman I've ever seen! I mean to catch one was hilarious- but when that 2nd one came through the ice we all about lost it! [Tongue]

The other Mike and I setup around 4 pm straight across from ramp on the other side of the marina bay. My goal was to find the fish, set up the Hilton and then go get O4T and BA. I kept going to move, but my original hole kept producing. We set up shop right there and I landed about 12+ fish then zoomed across to get them at 8 pm. Got back and we all had some fun as mentioned above. Overall, the other Mike figured he caught just under 10 and I probably landed another 12+ or so during the night portion. All in all I figured I ended with around 25 'ish, I don't know. I was too busy laughing and enjoying listening to BA and his dirty...! [Wink] We had a ball out there and it was great to meet you Geoff and Mike.

The ending stunk with Mike hitting a hole and a few things fell off the mothership coming across the ice, but all in all, an awesome night trip on the Berry!! [Smile]

Finally- Ice is great, no slush, couple inches of powder on top. Fished 27', fish were hugging the bottom, about any jig worked that was tipped with minnow and nana juice. The bite was ultra light!! Keep an eye on your pole!
[signature]
Here's a couple of pics.
[signature]
F4F- thanks for the report. Sounds like a great night! That first pic of the full moon it very cool! Glad the mothership worked well.
[signature]
I wish I would have taken some pics of those two trophy crawdads!! or at least a few of the fish!! [crazy]
[signature]
I wonder if crawdads are legit for the ice fishing challenge? Not worth a lot of points though[Tongue]
[signature]
[cool]Mike, as always, it was fun fishin' with ya. It was good to catch some beautiful Strawberry cuts again. You are one heck of a crawdad ice fisherman, dude!![Tongue]
[signature]