Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nice Day at Bear Lake
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Bait Caster and I made plans for a trip to Bear Lake today (Friday) and we weren't going to let no stinking blizzard stop us! I picked him up in Cache Valley in the middle of one heavy duty snow storm. We looked awful goofy loading gear into a boat to go fishing in the middle of that storm. We are glad we braved it cause it turned out to be a great day fishing the Bear. We got started fishing around 11:30 at Guss's Point in water that was 36 degrees. BC was using a white tube jig and I tried a pumpkin seed stuffed in the back of a white one ... not a good idea. After BC had caught three macks and me none, I decided to switch over to ONE all white one. I never did catch up with BC but it was fun trying. BC pulled in a nice 6 lb er for a total of 5 macks. I caught 4 (2 cuts and 2 macks), all under 3lbs. We only fished for four hours and the weather on the lake got VERY nice. We even had to take our warm hats and coats off for a couple of hours! The lake was like glass smooth all day! I learned something about BC; Don't EVER try taking his pole from him when the sonar shows fish next to his lure ... well Excuse Me! [shocked] LOL[/size][/font]
[signature]
Was that you pulling the aluminum boat through Sardine Canyon in the middle of a complete blizzard? I had someone pass me at about 7:30 and said to myself he has the fever worse than me.

tightline
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]He tightline,[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]It probably was me. That's when I was headed through Sardine.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Hey Tightlines, Ya just got to belive it, it really don"t matter how much snow or nasty the weather is, it was just plane ol time to wet the line at the Bear. Old Coot and I had planed this trip for some time. See its tough for OC & I to get off at the same day or time and Friday was our lucky day. We had a great day and tons of fun. Old Coot is a great person to go fishing with. Hope to hook up with you too someday.[Smile]
[signature]