Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belmont Shore report
[Smile] Float tubed Belmont Shore today from 68th. St.- 57th. in Long Beach Ca. Started off getting my live smelts from Norms Big Fish. I got a dozen of them around 5-6" for $5 something.

Went to fish 68th-57th. St. in Long Beach for only two bites!!! One was a 4' Shovelnose Shark that fought pretty good! I thought it was the 40lb. Halibut! the other bite was my first legal for the year!! It was only 22 3/4"! I thought it was bigger when I was on the tube. I think it's just been so long since I caught one that fought so good!!

Kiyo

[Image: SATO3587CustomImage0034339.jpg]
[signature]
[cool][font "Times New Roman"][size 3] At least you got to stretch your string. I suffered the Arizona affliction this weekend...visitors from the cold north. Never knew I had so many friends and relatives (or that we were on such good terms) until I landed in Phoenix. The leaves don't change here, but the license plates do.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]You need to be properly grateful you didn't catch your biggest fish of the year already. You got the skunk out of the tube early in the year, and it can only bet better from here...hopefully.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Those shovelnose fight pretty good. I hooked one about six feet long down at San Felipe (Sea of Cortez). The way that thing pulled me around, I thought I had a big sting ray. Had a heck of a time calming it down at tubeside. I finally gave up trying to recover the hook after getting smacked in the head with it's tail. Cut the line and waved bye bye. I have also played with some of the big stingrays down there, but don't let them near my inflatable. I usually either cut them off early or work them into shore. Have subdued several between 50 and 100. They are different than the bat rays. They have stingers six or seven inches long. Not good around tubes.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Were there many other tubeaholics out today? Did you see any boaters bring any butts aboard? Any other species evident?[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Appreciate the report. Have you been contacted by "halibutralph"? He has posted a couple of shots on the California board, and I have been trying to convince him he needs to visit your baytubers site. Check it out.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Hi Tubedude,

There were only three other tubers out this morning in Long Beach that I know of. They caught a couple of 17" Halibuts and a 14" Bass. Very slow for them as they were fishing Cherry Beach using live smelts caught off of the Belmont Pier. Where I was fishing there were about 5 shore fishermen and two flyfishermen. Didn't look like they were catching anything.

Those Shovel nose sharks and Bat Rays are pretty fun but kind of a bummer when you bring them up and see what they are. That feeling of pulling up something heavy underneath you wondering if it's a 40 lb. Halibut! LOL.

I am going back out tomorrow morning with a couple of buddies from Baytubers.

Also, I have made up part of the website. Just loaded some pictures in it. As soon as I figure out how to load some pictures in here you will know. I've been playing around with it a little and I'll try to load them tonight sometime.

Kiyo
[signature]
Hey Kiyo, Thanks for all the solid information. Sorry I missed your invitation, it sounds like it would have been a good time. I am pretty religious about responding on the California boards and have to remember to run up top and tap into the new Float Tube boards here at BFT.

Actually I wouldn't have been able to make it as my fins and waders didn't arrive in the mail until today. I was stoked when I got home. Fisherking picked me up the waterbug float tube, so Im pretty close to being ready to drop in. I need to either make or buy some rod holders and I should be good to go. Please keep us in the loop as to your outings. I am greener than green on a tube I would appreciate some help.

Tubedude you Rock!

Sponsorship inquiries you can send to:

[url "mailto:marketing@booyaaclothing.com"]marketing@booyaaclothing.com[/url]
[signature]
[cool][font "Times New Roman"][size 3] On the photos thing. Once you have loaded them into the image file, click on the edit button on the top of the pic in your file. It will display the pic with a scale of pixel counts across the top. If it is more than 400 pixels, "The Clown" will frown. You need to click on resize and a dropdown menu will appear. Scroll down until you reach 400. click on it and then click on the button that says "Process". In a few seconds, the resizing will be complete. You may have to "X" the pic back to the small image and then bring it back up, where it will display the proper size against the pixel count.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]To post it, you need to decide which forum and thread you want before you copy the pic...or else go back and edit it in, after writing the text. If you leave a post to go gather a pic, you will lose what you have written. Post it first and then edit it in.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]To post the pic, right click on it and select COPY from the menu. Your gun is now loaded. Bring up the thread you want, write your text and then right click below the last line. Chose PASTE and left click on it. Like magic, the pic will appear.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]To edit in a pic, after posting, you need to be signed in. Bring up the post and click on Edit, at the top right. When the post comes up in edit form, use the mouse to place the curser where you want the pic. Right click, and again, select PASTE. [/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]For the benefit of those who have not tried to post pics yet, you can't just copy and paste a jpeg from your desktop. It must first be uploaded to a website. Then, using the above guidelines, you can copy and paste. If you post a pic that is more than 400 pixels wide, one of the moderators is likely to resize it for you. [/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]If you have a pic that you would like to post, and are intimidated by all of the preceding gibberish, simply send the jpeg image to myself or any of the other moderators who pop in (Angler, ssor, DaveTClown, etc.). This whole BFT family is great and the range of services and options available here are unbelievable. [/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]SPREAD THE WORD.[/size][/font]
[signature]
[cool][font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Oh, Booyaa...you big flatterer.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Hey, Bro, if you can use a little light reading on basic tubeology, now that you are a member of our elite fraternity, I'll be happy to PM or email some of the chapters of the book over for you. Lemme know.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Hi Romero,

I usually go out on the weekends. Depends on my wifes work schedule. Looks like the next time fishing will be on Sunday the 12th. from 6am-10am??? Probably be going somewhere in Long Beach if you want to join us e-mail me and I'll tell you where to meet. Take a look at my site and check out some of the pages like "New to tubin"," Fishing for Halibuts" and look at some of the photos to see how some of the tubes are rigged. My guys are having a tournament next weekend either at Laguna or Dana Point? If you live closer to them just tag along and they will be happy to help with anything. If you have a two way radio we all are on channel 10.

Hope to see you out there!

Kiyo
www.baytubers.com
[signature]
Thanks TubeDude! And Davetclown! You guys are great!

Kiyo
www.baytubers.com
[signature]
Kiyo,

Missed you down thier. I put in at the flip flop at about six thirty am. I had no luck catching live bait think I need alot of practice. Used frozen anchovies two thornback sting rays on them. But I did get four short halibut on plastics casting towards the shoeline.

Went out again tonight down by the marina in two hours I caught about fifteen yellow crookers the largest being seventeen inches.

Maybe we can hook up next weekend?

would also like to know were this bait shop is that you got live bait from, thanks
[signature]
[Smile]Erik,

You see the sign up on the left had corner of the screen. BIG FISH (NORMS) Big Fish is on PCH/SEAL BEACH BLVD. in Seal Beach. I'm pretty sure Bobby owns this site doesn't he?

Anyways were you out there today at the flip flop shack? I might have seen you there? Do you have a green tube with a red/white livewell?

I'm probably going out next Sunday probably at Cherry Beach? E-mail me to see what's up.

Kiyo
www.baytubers.com
[signature]