Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake, six species in one spot
Fished the warm springs yesterday. Took the baby boat down, but didn't launch. Caught Carp, Walleye, Crappie, Mudcat, White Bass, and Sunfish. All on rat finkies. Well, I actually snagged the Carp on a jig.Some good sized LMB being caught on jigs, top waters and Rapalas. First warm spring is all ice free.
Taking the big boat down today. Hope we can get it off the trailer without sinking the truck. Ramp is still frozen in.I had the first and last big boat on the lake in 2002, just as well start this year right.

Good fishing everyone.

WalleyeBob
[signature]
Sounds like you had a great time Walleye. BBetter geta winch for that truck of yours. Then you'll be able to pull yourself out when you do get stuck.
[signature]
Congrats Bob,

Surprised that you didn't add a bluegill to your species caught. How fast was the fishing from the shore? It must have been good if you didn't get the boat out. Any size to the walleye?
[signature]
Way to go Bob, Utah lake is like no other when it comes to catching different species of fish. I bet on a real good day you could have caught at least two more species. I too would like to know how big your walleye was? Have you tried Deer creek any more since we were there? WH2
[signature]
Hey Kent, and WH2, the Walleye was aquarium sized. Had another big fish on that I lost. I think it was a LMB. I did catch some Bluegill, at the third spring.

A big Walleye was caught yesterday, about fifty feet straight out from the first point. A guy I know from Nephi had his little aluminum boat out there. They caught lots of White Bass and some Perch. The average size of the White Bass is getting way smaller. Too many have been taken out. All those truckloads of fish taken to the Asian fish markets are adding up. Fishing was slow with jigs. Fairly fast with finkies and wax worms.

I launched my big boat. The harbor was still frozen, but I went off the dike and launched just North of it. Out on the flat. Had to back in about 100 yards, and wear waders to push the boat off. When we came in, we busted the ice up in the harbor and used the ramp to load the boat. There was about four inches of rotten ice.

See ya,

Bob
[signature]
You sure have a tough boat, how many tries at breaking the ice did you do before you made it to the ramp? I can remember launching my boat in the same area before they built the marina
and driving at least 100 yards out before I could get the boat off the trailer, what a trip that was. WH2
[signature]