Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soldiercreek 1/23
Sorry about this late post. I thought Jed would beat me to it. JedBurton and I headed out to SC Monday. It was 0 degrees when we arrived. Not too bad... A breeze picked up in early afternoon which necessitated putting our coats and gloves back on. Jed and I caught fish consistently all day. We were there from 8:30 until 4:30.
We iced over 70 fish, most in the slot, but we did manage two 23" inchers and 4 under the slot. We each lost another biggun at the hole. We also probably had 15-20 long releases each. Jed fished primarily with white whattacrickets tipped with Waxies. I fished with a Rainbow Gitzit minnow jig tipped with minnow. We had a dozen or so doubles. We were in 24' of water. We caught 1/3 of our fish half way down (or up) on the drop or a slow retrieve. They were biting soft for Jed, but more aggressively for me. He was dead sticking, and I was jigging the bottom to get their attention, then slowly lifting the rod tip until they hit. ( I was using my Vexilar) They would occasionally follow the jig to within a foot of the hole before biting. Although we had a power auger we only fished 2 holes each all day.
No Rainbows. We had a Golden Eagle hanging around for a hand out for a half hour or so. He acted as though he had been fed there before, but he left hungry that day...

We both forgot good cameras, but I took a couple pic's with my phone. Maybe Jed will post his. Anyway we had a great outing, I look forward to the next one...

Slayer
[signature]
How is the accses to S.C. side?? What roads and parking areas are plowed.Sounds like you guys had a GREAT trip!!
[signature]
great report. glad to hear the sc side is producing.
how was the access. how much snow on the ice.
thanks for sharing.
[signature]
Access is excellent. If you continue on the road towards the dam, there is a good trail going down to the ice.

Slayer
[signature]
Randy, sounds like you have SC figured out. Were you fishing "The honeyhole"?
[signature]
Sounds like a lot of fun! Any chance you were using minnows for bait???[Wink] Your avatar is killing me man!
[signature]
Sounds like SC was the place to find numbers.. Good report..
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Nice report. Glad to hear someone put a hurtin' on those berry cutts. Sounds like SC is the ticket right now. It will be interesting to see how people respond to your report and head for SC. Regardless, glad you and Jed got into them![/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Kent,

It was directly east of the "honey hole" and about 250 yards north. We were only about 20yds offshore.

Slayer
[signature]
Great report! Glad you got into them. Sounds like SC is the side of th lake to be at now. The other side has slowed way down! Thanks!
[signature]
Sure wish I had a snowmobile, but wishing doesn't cut it.
[signature]
Is the lake accessible with a 4 wheeler from the SC side. I've never fished over there, but I'm up for following the hords if there is fish in it for me.
[signature]
4 wheeler access is no problem. There is about 8" of snow on the ice.

Slayer
[signature]
I took a 4 wheeler out on the SC side last weekend with out any trouble.
Stay on the packed trail as best as you can untill you can drive on the ice.
[signature]