Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another great bear lake trip
[Smile]Sorry about the late post but I only have internet at work not at home. We launched out of the marina at 6:45 in the morning on Saturday. We headed straight for gus's point in the dark. By the time we got over to where we wanted to fish it was just getting light enough to see. We started out fishing in 87 feet of water and were seeing quite of few fish suspened at 60 feet. I was trying to be the teacher this trip because my twelve year old son had never jigged before. It must have been beginners luck because before I could get my jig in the water, he was yelling "FISH ON, FISH ON ! He landed a three pound mack and couldn't wait to do it again. After about 20 minutes he was at it again. He landed a nine pound mack and was really starting to get the hang of jigging. All in all we caught 3 macks and several cutts but had to leave for basketball so we were cut short. The other guys that went with us were in their own boat and caught 12 fish between the two of them. My buddies boy who is thirteen caught two macks one weighing in at 11 pounds and the other weighing in at 12.5. The weather was almost perfect and the fishing was great. It was alot of fun taking what I had learned from BLM and teaching my son how to do it. Thanks again BLM for introducing me to jig fishing the Bear. By the the way, it was nice to see BLM and get to meet X-man for the first time. Nothing like seeing BLM and the mad bomber hat on a Saturday morning fishing trip.

(sorry no pics. Too much money spent on fishing equip. and no money left for a digital camera)
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I just bought that hat this year to try. If I'd of know those hats were so warm I'd of bought one years ago. Sounds like everyone is catching good fish now! Enjoy it, the cisco run is going to slow it down for a while.[/size][/font]
[signature]
It sounds like a fun day at the Bear and it is always fun teaching someone to catch fish a different way especially kids.
Did any of the fish have cisco in their stomach? WH2
[signature]
[Smile]We caught one smaller cutt that had a cisco hanging out of its mouth and when I pulled it out you could see that it had two more stuffed down inside. It was one fat cutt.
[signature]