Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon 01-27-06
[Wink]Had the privlidge of spending the day with Petty4life, Fish1on and Fish1on Jr at East Canyon this day.

We were on the hard deck around 7:20 to 7:30. We got down to business and wouldn't you know, P4L got the first fish. A nice chuncky rainbow. He decided to send him back to the depths to grow up for the next trip. P4l Should catch the 1st one. Since we refer to this place as Jason Canyon.

We continued fishing and I listened to Pat and Jason banter back and forth with each other. I enjoyed the laughs at these twos expense. We continued marking fish. They were in and out, Some suspended. Mostly just off the bottom. WE were in 28-29 ' of water. 8-10 inches of ice. A little soft on the edges but once we were on no problem.

p4l and I continued to catch a few small bows, 6-8 inches. I snagged two and quickly returned them. Alot of Hits, Swings and misses.

Little fish1on caught a nice one right before we called it a day at noon. HE fell in love with it by the looks of the picture. Pat had a rough day.[pirate]

Great times, great company fair weather. It was not snowing much at all once we got up out of Ogden.

Were gonna go again tomorrow, Not sure were yet. Will post up were we end up.

P4L is posting up the pics after this goes on the site. Thanks Jason

RILEYFISH
[signature]
Well what can i say Mark it was a pleasure fishing with you. fish1onJr. it was fun and fish1on well lets just say it was an adventure.
[inline 1112121.JPG]
after watching jr. swing and miss a few times and then no hits i told him to reel up his line and come sit by me. i let him fish my pole and use my fishfinder and showed him how to read it and prepare for the bites. was a blast watching him pull the first one up was small but still fun.
[inline 62211.JPG]
[inline 456454545.JPG]
[signature]
Elkoholic, my daughter and I also hit EC today. We hit the ice a little after P4L, Riley and Fish1on's. We did talk to them on the radio though. Elkoholic can explain where we were, I'm a newbie to EC. Anyway, fished in about 30 to 50' of water. Fish came through all day, every now and then we nailed one. I (wait, my daughter reeled them in) ended up with 7, with one fat bow and another 16" that made the trip home. My daughter wasn't letting me come home without a couple!

I used a glo-white tug jig and small glo-white rubber bandy thingy! [unsure] Anyway, tipped with mealies for me. Ice was about 8-10" where we were. Fish mostly came through at the 20' area. A few above and below.

Great day on the ice with my daughter and had a chance to meet Elkoholic. Thanks for the fun trip and good company! [Smile]

[inline EC_127.JPG]
[signature]
Sounds like a fun day was had by all! Did it snow much while you were up there?
[signature]
IT snowed a little off and on most of the time. Nothing like down here in the valley. On the way home as soon as we started into weber canyon it went to #$R%. Much nicer up there than it was down here im sure
[signature]
As fish4fun said we hit the canyon again. We fished at the Taylor Hollow parking area, just west of the "hot tub" (if you drive by there you will see what I mean). As mentioned before the edges were pretty wet, and the hills are slick. Watch out for the yard sales! The fishing was slow but it was stil a fun day and it was nice to get to fish with someone new. Thanks for the trip F4F. I only managed to get a couple on the ice and missed a few more.

I just want to remind everyone to be careful with the fish when you are going to release them back into the water. I caught one that had been poked in the eye and it was all glazed over and then another that had the whole bottom jaw torn off. See photo. The thing in the midle is his tounge, it was sticking out under his jaw bone. It looked like some one really did a number on him and then though him back.
Anyway just make sure they are unharmed if your not going to keep them.
[signature]
Reminds me of that two-mouthed trout caught in Nebraska a few weeks ago...

[url "http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/12/21/ap/strange/mainD8EKSEB83.shtml"]Link to article[/url]

[inline "two headed trout.jpg"]

lurechucker
[signature]
That is one jacked up fish! It still amazes me how they can survive after being beat up like that. Looks like you took all his worries away though[Wink]
[signature]
[cool]Kirt, I'm jealous! Can't wait to take my little daughter up to the icy lakes to fish. Right now she's only 21 months, so we have a ways to go.[unsure] That's really cool that you could take her out with you, that's what it's all about! Was she cool with the cold weather, or did she complain? Just wondering for future reference on how to handle things with the little ones out on the ice.

We gotta hit 'da berry again soon. That was a good time last time out! Maybe a friday night coming up sometime? Gotta work next Saturday a.m. so that day's outta the question.
[signature]
O4T- I had the shelter, so all was good. She even stepped in a hole once, it was snowing a bit, but she was a trooper. The W... wasn't bad or that might have ruined the trip. She got out and played, but every now and then I'd make her get back into the shelter knowing she would get cold eventually.

I'm anxious to get to the Berry myself. I'll let you know if we get another trip planned up. Probably be in mid Feb sometime the way things are shaping up.
[signature]