Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soldier Creek 1/27/06 "Rainbow Suprise"
Me and a few friends fished SC today. We did not get on the lake as early as planned because of snowmobile problems half way down the trail. We towed it pack to the truck and headed back out. We fished in about 20-25 feet of water and we were fairly close to the shore. We ended up catching around 40 today with the main bait of choice being Chartruse and Green glow Paddle bugs tipped with minnows and Bananas[Wink]. All of the Cuts were in the slot with 3 nice fat 20 inchers. I finally found the elusive Rainbow. It was 18 inches and Fat. We had a 4wheeler on the ice with no problems, but it is a Honda..
The bit was very lite and most of the time you would lift it off the bottom and fill just the dead weight of a fish that scooped it off the bottom. I only fished out of 2 holes today and I only moved the second time so we could set up the tent to get out of the snow.

I also did my fishy good deed for the day: I caught one Cut that had a treble hook sticking out of its butt and the leader that was still sticking out of its mouth had a swivel attached that had snaged the treble hook. So I cut line by its mouth and pulled the hook and line out its rear.

Also I fished the same area on Wednesday and it was a little slower but I spent most of that day trying to fix the pull rope on the auger and helping the kids.
[signature]
I was wondering if there were any bows left in there! Thanks for the update. That is crazy about that hook! I'll be the fish felt quite relieved[Smile]
[signature]
Thanks for the report. We will now call you "great fish surgeon"! LOL

You probably will never see that happen again, what are the chances....

I didn't know they made glow paddle bugs. Where do you get them?

How much snow did they get up there today?

Thanks!
[signature]
Sorry on the paddle bug color confusion. They do not actualy glow in the dark but the color looks like a glow in the dark green if that makes sense, and I got them at Sportsman's Whs in Provo.

It snow much of of the day but never heavy, It was may be 2-3 inches tops.
[signature]
I know what color you are talking about. I have some and was about ready to go out into the garage and turn off the light to see it they glowed! Glad to see I'm not crazy!
[signature]
Were you up by that first big point on the North east side? Would have tried you on the radio,but forgot it in the Bronko.We started at the parking area by the dam road,where did you start from?
[signature]
We started at the Dam parking area as well. If you seen a snowmobile parked by a trailer that the one we towed back.

We fished further South. I would of went farther but it was kind of Slushy on the top when we went Wedensday and I did not even stop to see how thick the ice was we just turned around.

What area was you fishing?
[signature]
I had never fished SC in the winter,so Bob (beeman2995)picked a spot about 2-300 yards out from where the trail hits the ice.Would be the Northeast side,about 20 yards from shore,about 24' of water.Saw 2-3 sleds coming on the ice East of us,thought it might have been you when I read your report
Mike
[signature]