Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay Ice
My little boy turns 6 on Friday Feb 3rd, what he wants more than anything is to take the boat out to Willard and try to catch some fish.

Is it iced over or is there access to the North Marina?

I am relatively new to the area and have read posts about Willard but have never really fished it.

Any reccomendations would be appreciated.

[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Removed in-line option so all can see picture. Here's a brief write up on how to use the in-line option:[/size][/black][/font]

[size 1] [/size][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=166616;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread"][#000000][size 1]How to use the "InLine" Option when adding Pictures to your Posts[/size][/#000000][/url]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]BLM[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
first off, welcome to the board.
keep checking the board and i'm sure someone will chim in and give some good info for you.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Let me add my personal welcome to our playroom. You should always be able to find current info on most waters. All questions are welcome, but it will cost you some reports.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Good lookin' lad and nice striper (I'm guessing). Lake Powell fish?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Current status of Willard is that the marina has refrozen after being frozen and then thawing. Not much potential unless you want to fish off the docks through the new ice. There are reports of some perch and some crappies being taken, but not very fast action. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]We are all eagerly awaiting the lake to open up soon. The early season action for walleyes and wipers is not far off. The catfish also begin hitting fairly early on Willard if you like channel cats. By April, there should be some early crappies showing and they will be in full bite by May.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Watch the boards. Willard Bay is popular with lots of BFT members and there will be plenty of current reports as the fishing develops.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Thanks Tube dude!

Yes it is a Powell Striper last year was my first down there as well, we had a pretty good time and are looking forward to going down again.

Thanks for the info on Willard, my boys will be absolutly bummed it is frozen over!

I guess we will have to wait till ice off and spring to try the boat out!

Thanks!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Looks like we are into another warming spell. Might not be too long until Willard is boatable again.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]GOD GIVE ME PATIENCE...AND I WANT IT RIGHT NOW!!!![/#0000ff]
[signature]
[reply]

[#0000ff]We are all eagerly awaiting the lake to open up soon. [/#0000ff] [/reply]

[size 4] Welcome aboard Jackfisher..

[size 8] Pat ol' buddy!! Bite your Tongue!! [Wink]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey Don, this is an equal opportunity site. All religions are tolerated (if not welcome). If you choose to worship in a colder chapel, bless you my son. As for me and my house, we prefer to hear a "splash" when we make a cast.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]There are hymns that go "Shall we gather at the river?" Ain't never heerd none about gathering on the hard deck.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Lest anyone else be fooled, I know that you are not faithful to the church of the icehole. I have "witnessed" you upon the unfrozen waters, casting thy rods and thy bait for the unholy fish with whiskers.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
LOL,, well I certainly cant argue the fact I've been know to go astray from the flock of hard top stompers now an then but I'll thank you not to spread nasty rumors, fact or otherwise.
Whats more, you said "we all".. Well, me being one of the "we all", would rather see the cap stick around till June.. And if that was so, I'd gladly join in song.

"Blusted my butt on a big ice cube, do-da, do-da!".
[signature]
footer. you crack me up
LMAO
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey Jackman, I just got out a meeting in which Drew Cushing, of DWR, claimed that Willard ice had blow off and that the marina was open. You may want to give them a call tomorrow to verify.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Hey TubeDude, were you in the bountiful meeting last night? if so, sorry I didn't introduce myself.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I was the guy with the blue coat, sitting beside a lady (TubeBabe) with a blue coat just like mine.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]We're the ones who are going to do the fish cleaning and preparation thing.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I guess I shoulda had a BFT sticker on my forehead.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Huh!...you dont have a BFT sticker on your forhead??? Do the other mods know this?
[signature]
[reply]
[cool][#0000ff]I was the guy with the blue coat, sitting beside a lady (TubeBabe) with a blue coat just like mine.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]We're the ones who are going to do the fish cleaning and preparation thing.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I guess I shoulda had a BFT sticker on my forehead.[/#0000ff] [/reply]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Well, I was wearing my XXL boxers with the BFT logos all over, but didn't think it would be appropriate to share at the meeting.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]TubeBabe WAS wearing a BFT T shirt, but the coat kept it covered.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]We are getting some new BFT stuff for the gift shop. I am lobbying for BFT sweatshirts, jackets, pennants and other stuff to help us more easily ID fellow members...so we can avoid them.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Jackets? I would buy a jacket. I have an issue with buying clothes online, i want to make sure it fits before i commit. you have a store?
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]BFT has a gift shop, but it is kind of inactive right now, although you can buy some of the items on ebay. Look for the link up on the upper right part of the page.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]We are going to revive and beef up the shop and add some new goodies. Hang in there. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Also, we are working to get some of the BFT stuff to have available as prizes and awards on a state basis. Lots of good things in the works. Will advise when things are better defined.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
oh nice. do you think i can get some free stuff if I get a BFT tattoo? haha.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Depends on where you get it, how big it is and who you show it to.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Then again, some free stuff "costs" too much.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]We will be announcing when the new goodies are available and how to get them.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Willard's North marina boat ramp was open tonight. You can launch and get out of the marina. I stopped by tonight on the way home to check it out. There were 3 people fishing the boat docks, one had two perch the other nothing. Pretty slow they said.
[signature]