Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
STRAWBERRY 1-28-06
FISHED STRAWBERRY BY THE MARINA ON SAT 1-28. ONLY ICED 2 FISH. USED WHITE PADDLE BUG TIPPED WITH MEAL WORM. ICE WAS THICK ABOUT 15-18 INCHES. SNOW ON TOP AT ABOUT 8-10 INCHES. A LOT OF PEOPLE BY THE MARINA. I THINK THAT I SPENT MORE TIME PULLING MY WIFE AROUND IN A SLED THAT FISHING. GOOD TIME ANYWAY.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Welcome aboard ESV. Glad you were able to get out and post your report. Looks like you know how to score future "kitchen pass points". [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I suspect that you encountered a situation common this time of year. First, the fish are migrating away from the areas they have been mobbed by the masses. Second, they are reacting to lower light levels from increasing snow pack. Third, they are being affected by reduced oxygen levels in the water after months of snow pack. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Those who continue to make the good catches are finding the fish in more remote areas. If they get lucky, they are finding spots where there is better oxygen levels, either naturally or because of underwater springs. Of course, on any given day the fish are going to do what they darn well please. Us fisherfolk just have to figger 'em out.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Keep on fishin' and keep on postin'. [/#0000ff]
[signature]
Yeah its a little tough to hookin' #'s when hanging around the marina crowd. Atleast you didnt smell shunky at the end of the day so thats a plus..

Welcome to the hang out..
[signature]