Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oneida Reservior
I was wondering if anybody could help me out. I fished up at Oneida during the summer and wondered if it freezes enough to get out and ice fish. If there's somebody thats been up there that could help me out it would be nice to know how much ice there is and if its safe. I would love to get up there and catch some Walleye.
[signature]
Welcome to the Idaho BFT board Dude!

I was over at Oneida probably a month ago. There was good ice every where but the main channel. I didn't fish ... was just checking conditions at a few ponds in the area. Where are you? If you're not close I may be able to check it out in the next week or so. I'd guess that you'd have no problem fishing.
[signature]
I'm out it Layton so i'm a couple hours away that's why i wondered if anybody could give me some info. I think this weekend i'm going to Stawberry and the week after that East canyon. By the end of february beging of march i'd like to make a trip up there to Oneida, so that would be great if you could let me know how it is.
[signature]
deyoungfisherman,

Welcome to BFT!
It is always nice to see someone new post. I hope you come back often.

I haven't been to Oneida this winter but would agree with JoyRide that there should currently be safe ice on most of the reservoir. Oneida has a shorter ice season than the other reservoirs around Preston so if you want to ice fish it try to do it sometime in the next few weeks. The ice fishing at Oneida is spotty at best but if you do fish it I hope you do well. BMURR probably knows more about Oneida than anyone else on this board. Maybe he will put in his 2 cents.
[signature]