Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon Report 2-4-06
Took my son and grandson up to EC this morning for some trout action. We fished to the right of the boat ramp out and about 30 yards from the shore. We were in 36' of water.
Picked up small bows all morning and also caught a couple of Tigers. I ices one nice fat Bow anw we lost several more at the hole. A small tube jig tiped with wax worm worked best for me.
We met up with Petty and Elk and they joined us for a couple of hours. Petty iced some very nice Bows while he was by us.
It was a great day on the ice with some very good company.
[signature]
TA HECK WITH THE BOWS... ICED SOME TIGERS? THATS WHAT WE WANT TO HEAR ABOUT. ANY SIZE?
[signature]
was good to see you again Dale.

we would have caught more if i could have kept my son by his pole to hookup on all the hits he had
[inline jadeneats.JPG]
[signature]
Were you guys over by the dam?
[signature]
100yrds off the boat ramp towards the dam
[signature]
Jason, it was great to see you guys bringing your boys with you. Your son is learning more than you will ever know by just being with you and learning from you. He will be out fishing you in no time, just like by boys now do.
Ya know what? It's all good!
[signature]
glad to hear the bows are still active. sounds like you had a fun time.
hope to get out next weekend.
[signature]
It was nice to meet you Dale. Even though the catching wasn't all that great (I sure missed my fair share of hits) it was still a good day fishin with good company. As you said the boys are getting pretty good at catching fish on their own. My son will out fish me quite often. I guess I need to make him start baiting his own hook, that will slow him down.
If it wasn't mentioned above there is quite a bit of slush on the ice. I think we all had wet feet when we left. The edges are getting soft as well. We did see some guys come out with their wheelers and they had a hard time getting on and then getting to the middle. Once they got to the middle where it last froze they seemed to be ok. They rode all they way to the Taylor Hollow area from the ramp. After seeing how the ice looked a couple weeks back I can't say that I would have done that. We left before they did so I assume they made it out ok, but I bet they got wet. I broke through jumping off the ice.
[signature]