Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sevier River
The Sevier River in Marysvale Canyon has been fishing exceptionally well for browns and rainbows ranging from 10-19 inches. If you are sick of the ice and snow and need to get the fly rod out, head down for some good fly fishing. I have been using buggers and catching lots of aggressive fish. Because of releases from Piute Reservoir, the river in Marysvale Canyon is typically only fishable during the winter and spring months...now is the time!
[signature]
How big is the sevier there say compaired to the weber?
[signature]
I might check that out this weekend. How is the Kingston Canyon stretch right now? I've never seen the Marysvale stretch look fishable before. Is it wadeable or are you sticking to the banks?
[signature]
From what I've seen/remember, the Sevier in this section should be comparable to the Weber; about 150-300 CFS. There's got to be a USGS station that should give the exact flows.
[signature]
When water is being released from Piute Reservoir during the summer irrigation months, the Sevier in Marysvale Canyon is comparable to the Weber in size; however, now it is nowhere near as large. It is definitely wadable...check out these websites: http://sevierriver.org/scripts/tab_data.php3?vs=srps
http://sevierriver.org/upper/dcd_index.php3?vs=upp1

It shows that the outlet flow from Piute is at 1 cfs...which means the flows in Marysvale Canyon are not much more.
[signature]
I fished the Sevier in Marysvale Canyon again on Saturday the 11th and did well for browns and rainbows on buggers. The fished ranged in size from about 12-17 inches. Between the two of us, we caught and released about 20 fish in 3-4 hours of fishing.
[signature]
Three of us fished the Sevier River by Big Rock Candy Mountain again on President's Day; flows on the river have been amped up a bit and the fishing wasn't quite as good...we did manage a few fish. Most of the fish were caught on buggers, but the largest fish was caught on a muddler minnow. We fished the larger pools slow and deep; fish seemed to be much less active than previous trips.
[signature]
Stu, how long does it take to get there from SLC?
[signature]