Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mudlake-Article#2
YA Ya I know everyone is sick of hearing about the fish kill at Mudlake. I just wanted to let everyone know that BSflies wrote another article that was published in today's Post Register. It talks about the oxygen kill and includes quotes from the Fish and Game. I thought that it was a very well written article. I only disagree with one point. I think the quote comes from the Fish and Game but it says that 90 percent of the biomass in the lake are chubs and suckers. I have heard that those fishing on the East side of the lake experienced 90 percent chubs.
I was fishing more towards the center/West. I only caught 5 chubs in six trips. You could say that I was not using the right bait for chubs. I spent the last three trips on my belly looking in the holes and I am not saying that the statistics are wrong. I am only saying that I saw (in my holes in my area of the lake) more like 90 percent perch, a few cat fish and a very few chubs. I have never caught a sucker out of Mudlake.
The only reason why this matters at all is if in the future the sportsmen wanted to ban together and try to workout some sort of a deal that benefitted both the fish and the irrigators. (No I do not have any ideas I am just throwing things out there like I do when I am fishing[cool]) Then the perception that Mudlake is for trash fish would need to be changed.

Can anyone verify the 90 percent chub claims with your catch statistics? Are they correct? Am I just way out there caring about an 8-14" fish? No don't answer that one[crazy]

By the way... Mr. Thornberry who joined our discussion a couple of days ago also wrote a really good column about the pit falls of writing an article telling people a place is good and then it literally dying the very next week. Anyway...Well done if you are listening in [Wink]

Ok I have said plenty. Have a good day ya'll
Windriver
[signature]
Thanks for the information. I would like to go electrofishing after this winter kill and see what is left.

Windriver
[signature]
Rob,

Welcome to BFT Idaho! I'm sure all of us can benefit from your knowledge.

If you don't want to waste time entering your email address every time you post and get some of the benefits, take a couple minutes to register a username.

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/community/community.cgi?do=user_signup"][black][Image: newuser.gif][/black][/url][black][size 1] [/size][/black]
[signature]
Thanks for the nice words, but you will quickly learn I'm as full of BS as the next guy.
[signature]
Great to see you signed up. You would have a hard time stretching the truth and length of fish as I do.[Wink]
I've enjoyed many of your articles. Now that I live in Pocatello I don't get to read them every week. Once again welcome to BFT.
[signature]
Welcome to BFT! We can always take a little BS if it has enough half truths to keep it interesting. lol Again welcome to the site.
[signature]
It seems like one BS is not enough - Welcome aboard blissed-out. BS is not too much fun unless flows on to others.

Bill
[signature]