Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any one fished Alaska
My and OLDMAN55 are going to Alaska this August to fish for salmon and halibut. We have never been their. So any advice from anyone would be great. THANKS
[signature]
What dates in August? Where in Alaska are you planning on going?
[signature]
Hey how much did trip cost you and how long are you going for? I am hoping to book a trip at the fishermans expo in march.What part of alaska are you going to?I am planning on going to the kenai river but i am going to look at other places to.
[signature]
We will be at Doc Warners fishing adventurers by Juno. The first week in August.
[signature]
Smalls, all I can say is hold on to your fishing pole buddy.
I fished up there back when I was a kid, and I remember catching some HUGE salmon. Those fish up there put all our trout to shame, I kid you not.
One of the more popular lures are the hooks with fake bright salmon eggs (cluster). You will have a blast...just watch out for the bears.

: )
[signature]
We are going for a total of 8 days. The trip was $2,100 and the air fair is another $400. All are fishing gear is included the boat and the rods plus tackle. All are meals are also included. We will be given GPS directions every night to the best spots to fish for SALMEN & HALIBUT. The day trips out on the boat are self guided so you have the choice to do what you want. I hope by the end of are trip my arms hurt so bad I cant move them. [Wink]

O ya you can get INFO on this type of trip at the boat expo. The trip is with Doc Warners fishing adventures.
Thanks for the tip. Sounds like we are in for a real treat. I hope to see some Wales and bears. that would top every thing off nice.

Smalls

I've never fish by Junaeu but have fished The Kenai Pennusula and Cook Inlet. Are you fishing for salmon in the ocean or will you be river fishing. As far as the halibut go get your bait right on the bottom and finese jig. The smaller the movement the better. Here are a couple of photos of last years trip.
[signature]
You will have a BLAST. Alaska is the most beautiful place I've ever been. Never been to Juneau, but that Doc Warners looks pretty sweet. I have fished the Kenai Peninsula for Reds and Kings in July, and Silvers in August/September. For the last few years we have gone to Kodiak for HUGE Silvers and Ocean Kings in August/September. DON'T FORGET YOUR CAMERA AND/OR CAMCORDER!!!!
[signature]
My son, fater-in-law and myself fished with Doc Warners in July of 2004. What a great time. Those guys know how to take care of people. They will put you on the fish. All you have to do is catch them. Make sure you take advantage of the early bird. They will have your breakfast and your boat ready for you to go out early every morning if you want. Also ask them to put you on the mud flat where the guys with the blind man from Utah caught all the Halibut. Our arms were ready to fall off when we got done. Playing with the whales out by point Odolphus is a real treat as well. Dont be afraid to go out on that trip. It is a little bit of a boat ride but well worth it. I could go on for hours but I wont. I will see if I still have any GPS marks that I can send you.
I went with my father In-Law and brother In-law to Sitka three years ago and fished with Reel Affair Charters. Great time, great fishing. I would reccommend this outfit to anyone. they will probabaly have a booth at the Sprortsman's Expo.

We were able to catch Salmon, halibut, cod and rock fish. They prepared are fish for shipment home and did a fantastic job.

Alaska is truly a trip you will remember for a lifetime. Have fun.
[signature]
Try Jon Baker's web site: [url "http://www.afishunt.com"]www.afishunt.com[/url]
He's out of Soldotna, but will take you out from Resurrection Bay in Seward, to the Kasiloff or Kenai Rivers, to Cook Inlet (right there at Soldotna). Beautiful areas, too!
Good luck,
[signature]
[#505000]I would recommend you shoot a PM over to Rvanman2000. He's a former Utah Angler who went Salmon fishing in Alaska and liked it so much he never came back. I'm sure he could tell you all you ever wanted to know and more. He shot me a PM this morning bragging about his upcoming burbot trip so he's an active fisherman up there.[/#505000]
[signature]
Thanks for the tip. Great pictures it looks like you had a blast[Wink]
[signature]
O MAN it looks like you guys had a great time. I can hardly waite. What's the early bird? Also any advice on what to take. Tackle, rain gear, or any thing that might be left out. Did you go in late or early July?[Smile]

Great pics by the way.
Hey carp punisher, Rvanman2000 said you need to make a trip to Alaska this year.