Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boat Show Pics
[cool][#0000ff]Spent about 3 hours at the boat show this afternoon. Saw OldCoot, Bassrods and CBR. Also saw megabucks worth of watercraft and accessories. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]As expected, not much of a crowd on a Thursday afternoon. I suppose Friday night and the weekend will be busier.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Not much fishing gear. They do have casting and fly tying demos. Also have some show and tell at the bass tank. Caught Bassrods' program on Mojo rigging. Good stuff.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Had to watch the wakeboarding demo setup. They have a high speed winch setup that hauls the wakeboarder across the water, up over a ramp and then down into another tank. SPLASHY.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Couldn't believe the size (and price tags) on some of the boats. Much bigger than my budget and my boating interests. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]They even had a couple of huge multi-deck houseboats on display...for Powell timeshares. I'm still wondering how they got them in and set up. Must be like the ship in a bottle thing.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Lots of good deals on boats to encourage buying at the show. Saw some good fishing boats that called out to me. No pontoons or float tubes though, other than like those in the one pic.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Do you know if kid tickets are discounted or the same price as adults?
I didn't pay much attention to the cost of the tickets...however, the kids would have fun I'm sure.

Especially the BIG KIDS...$$$ ka ching...ka ching....

Hey Tubedude...you missed my good side...and hey...did you see the ultimate ice fishing poles that were just south of the bass tank???

[signature]
I think next year I will go to the show. Went last year and left wanting a boat I could not buy yet . Next Year it will be a go for sure for a new boat. I just hope I don't have to see and nimerods there. You know the ones that call you a bad fisherman for stuff they did the week before. Anyway thanks for the pics Pat hope to go fishin here soon but this weekend I have to do work on the house and next I am in seattle.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I didn't know you HAD a good side. Oh...you mean when you bend over. Can't tell which is your face then.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Good show, Cliff.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]"Ultimate ice rods"? You mean those coiled spring jobs? I let the guy in the booth "download" on me for a couple of minutes before I had enough. I told him that I was not a good candidate for his space age Barbie rods, since I made all my own rods and I was very particular about length, action, guide placement and all that. He showed me a picture of a big trout that someone had caught with it. I pointed out to time that the trout was almost finless and that it was a "hatchery pet". He started to show me some other pics but I was already out of the starting blocks, running away.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Here are the posted prices:[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[font "Arial"][#4682b4]Admission
[/#4682b4][/font]
[font "Arial"][size 2]Adults................................$8.00
Seniors..............................$7.00
Juniors (7-12).....................$6.00
Children (UNDER 6)...........FREE[/size][/font]
[signature]
My son and I went to the show last night. I was hoping for more fishing displays, we did catch the mojo rig demo at the bass tank.

Those guys doing the wake boarding were getting banged up pretty hard on that ramp contraption between the two pools of water. We saw many a good crash.

You look at those new boat prices and it makes you realize what a great deal used boats offer the consumer.

How many noticed that not a single new outbaord was sporting an Evinrude or a Johnson? Nothin but merc's except for one outfit from Logan that had Evinrudes and Johnsons on display. I have always been a Johnson fan back in the OMC days and have had good performance and durability out of these outboards.

Bombardier is really pushing the new E-Tec two stokes this year with a 30 minute infomercial that I have seen on OLN. They claim that thier E-tec two strokes are cleaner burning than the four strokes, lighter weight and faster acceleration. I have always liked a two stroke for that awesome hole shot power.

The 250 horse Merc Verado on some of those boats looks big enough to sink the ship.

Just my 2 cents worth. Have fun at the show!
[signature]
When I went on Wednesday, there was a big sign that said "No Cameras" among other things. How did you get passed that? Were you cruising in stealth mode?[shocked] Couldn't help drooling all over those Thunder Jets, WeldCrafts, and DuckWorths. Did you get any pics of those?
[signature]
I THINK ONE OF THOSE BOATS IS GOING HOME WITH CHUCK. HE IS GONA BUY A LUND THIS SUNDAY. CANT REMEMBER WITCH ONE. THINK HE IS GETTING A 18 OR 19 FT TURNEY SERIES. OR PRO V. WE WONT KNOW HOW TO ACT IN SUTCH A CRAFT. NO MOORE BOOM BOOM BOOM OF THE FLAT BOTTOM HE HAS HAD FOR EVER. EVER IS LIKE 30 YRS. HE BOUGHT WHEN HE WAS 16 YRS OLD. IF ANY ONE IS LOOKING FOR A KILLER SMALL BASS BOAT SEND UTWALLEYE A PM. HE HAS DONE A KILLER CUSTOMIZING JOB ON THE BOAT.
[signature]
[Wink] I think that new 225 merc would just kick some butt on the back of Old Coots gregor!!!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]No worries about the camera. I had "connections". I am well known as "The Infamous One".[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Anyway, there weren't nobody there that was bigger or badder to try to take it away from me.[/#0000ff]
[signature]