Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bowhunters!!!
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff4040][size 3]I was just wondering how many BFT'ers bowhunt. And if so, I just wanted to know what broadheads you guys use for both deer and elk. Any info would greatly be appreciated. Thanks.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
I sure enjoy flingin' sticks! I use 100 Gr SBP (Sonoran) mechanical broadheads for both. Not lost an animal yet....knock on wood.
[signature]
I've been using muzzy's 100grain, they shoot really nice haven't killed anything with them yet but I'm sure they will do some damage!
[signature]
i also use muzzie 100 grain fixed heads.
only killed 1 deer so far.
[signature]
Now your speaking my language! I have been bowhunting for about 11 years. There is no bigger rush than stalking and killing with a bow and sharp stick. I have shot the 100 gr. Tri-Lok heads (they are not made anymore) untill last season. I was having a hard time with some new arrows, so I tried some of those Montec G5's. They are awesome! I killed a bull last year with them, not the best hit (my worst so far) and he bled out really fast. I'll be buying some more this year, and probably some new arrows. I also hope to be packing a new AR or Browning as well.

If you don't want to spend the cash for the G5's, I would go with the Muzzy's. But if you have a friend that has them, try them out first because I have seen in a few cases where the Muzzy's wont fly well with their set up. Me being one of them.
[signature]
Right now i shoot NAP Scorpions. Their awsome. Ive killed a deer with the Grim Reaper. Thats is one of the toughest broadheads i have shot. It went through both sholder blades and didnt even break.
[signature]
I live for bowhunting more than fishing anyday. I've been bowhunting since I was 14. I've always been a huge Muzzy fan (125's with my setup), but I also have moved to the G5's. Hands down, cut on contact broadheads are the best for penetration and this is huge for elk, not as big of a deal for deer.

The key is finding a good flyer with your setup. You guys shooting mechanicals should really be careful if chasing elk with them. Yes, you can kill one with them and good shot is a good shot, but there is a reason certain states like Idaho ban them. Do the research for game like Elk. IMO the mechanicals are the worst choice out there.

Anyway, not meant to piss anyone off, so don't take it that way. [Smile]
[signature]