Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Out4Trout's Revenge on Mantua (2/11 report)
Out4Trout, that was a fun time! I only wish you could have made it up here sooner!

I do have to add something to the Mantua Report:
We need to tell everyone who heads up to that pond, please be on the lookout for a huge bow with a little white ratfinkee stuck in its' jaw. Man oh man, before Jeff got there I was having off and on success up on the northwest side (as per Coldfooter's advice), but the part that nearly floored me was when my little ultra light did a nose dive into the water. I picked it up and I immediately knew that this was no bluegill. It took a while, but finally I saw a quick flash of white from his belly, and then he took off again. I couldn't get the danged monster up through the hole!!! My drag was spinning, and I finally got him close again, when suddenly: SNAP. There goes my lure, line, and confidence down the drain just like that! I didn't think I'd EVER have to worry about a fish not fitting up through the hole, but now I know better. And yes, I had nightmares about the whole ordeal last night!

Anyways, after that, I proceeded to catch many o 'Gill with Jeff. Thanks again for the bobber, and like I said, next time we hook up I'll buy the wax worms! It's fun to fish with people on here and I hope that I can get the opportunity to do it again soon!

Heading out to that pond again today!

Derek
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [Out4Trout] Out4Trout's Revenge on Mantua (2/11 report) - by lavaman - 02-12-2006, 04:23 PM