Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CATFISHING THE MIDWEST- NE, IA, KS.
[cool]HEARTLAN CATFISH ANGLERS Is starting its second year and would like to invite all you catfish lovers out to get involved. A suggestion from davetclown is going to be implemented this season. We are going to have catfish cookoffs before some of the events. Whether you come to fish or cook, come out and join in the fun. Watch the message boards for scedules or contact me directly at [url "mailto:josephdrodgers@msn.com"]josephdrodgers@msn.com[/url]. Thanks and good fishin. "CAT DRACULA"
[signature]
[cool][cool]Hey all you Catfishing lovers. I recently joined a cool club online. I think you will like this site. Go to brotherhoodofcatfishermen.com and check them out. It will give you a chance to meet other catfishermen in you area and they have get togethers coming up this year you and your family can enjoy together. I plan on attending the Keystone Lake, OK event myself. Its below zero here thismorning. Burr. Later "CAT DRACULA"
[signature]
catdracula,
I was just going to post a live link for you but it apears not to be a valid site.
Check the spelling and let me know.
If you need help to make url addresses live links send me a private message. I will be happy to help you out with the process. To send me a private just click on my ID and you will see the send private button below my profile.
[signature]
[size 2][size 1]Hello Cat_Dracula,[/size]

[size 1]Welcome aboard as a new moderator! Do you know Virgil and Ginny Agee and the folks over at U.S. Cats, Great bunch of people and great organization![/size][/size]
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Hey angler. I know Virgil and Ginni quite well. I fish with US Cats 2 or 3 times a year when i'm not busy running my own tournaments. I am trying to help advocate the sport so that some day it will be recognized by the big money folks. Just think of what ESPN/TIME WARNER money would do to get the guys out to fish the tournaments. It will happen someday. I do not feel at this time that the current trails offered around the country are PRO Trails as they are not fairly set up. I in no way profess to know the way they should be set up, but from discussing it with anglers across the country, I can only voice what they say and or my own two cents. In time there will have to be a coop of some kind so that the rules are the same and the qualifying is the same. Then it will truly be a PRO Trail. I feel too many of the clubs or trails are all about themselves or there pocketbooks, a feelinf voiced to me from many of the anglers fishing the tournaments across the country. I surely don't have the answer, merely some positive suggestions. When the big names decide to get together and work on the same page, we will have a viable Catfishing machine oout there. For now, you can slice it or dice it and it still amounts to a lot of lined pockets at the expense of the fishermen. A lot of the guys gave up the tournament since I started back in 96 due to loss of interest and not covering the expenses. They are happy to fish there local waters for fun. With gas prices on the rise and the general cost of being on the road, I know where they are coming from. Why should I drive 300 plus miles when all it takes is 11 miles to catch catfish. Go figure. I can only ask them to stay involved for someday it will all come together. All you catfishermen out there reading this can do your part by letting your local clubs and board members how you truely feel. Talking about with your partner in the boat, and then heading home unheard is not helping yourself. Our great nation was not set up because of one mans ideas. It took a lot of input to get where it is today. And though our country has its share of problems, it is very young and we can only hope that it will learn as it grows with age and wisdom, and so will the sport if Catfishing Tournaments. Drop me a line if you have any feedback or input or post it to the boards. I will be happy to discuss any ideas or thoughts and help to pass it on. I fish for OL' WHISKERS from the east coast to the west and listen a great deal. The word is out, its fishin time. Thanks Joe Rodgers
[signature]