Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 2-13
I started out fishing the narrows at about 9:00. Fishing was slow. I managed to hook up with 6 fish by noon. I ice only 2 of them, lost the rest at the hole, one even broke the line as I tried to get it out of the hole. We moved over to Renegade and started fishing there at 1:00. I lost count but I iced about 15 by 4:00. It started to pickup around 2:00 after I had decided that it was to slow and we should leave in the next half hour. With in five minutes I couldn’t keep them off the hook.

I was surprised how many I caught below the slot, it was around 7 or 8 the rest measured from 15 inches to the biggest one I ice being around 20 inches. I lost a real nice colored one at the hole it was about 2/3 of the way out when the line broke and it headed back in. I was planning on taking a picture of it.

The rest of the group had about the same results.

I found that the green colors work better tipped with a wax work. I had better success with out a Kastmaster and a lighter pole and line. It didn’t help with setting the hook or keeping the fish on.
[signature]
Sounds fun Paul. How were the temps up there today?
[signature]
The temperature when I arrived was only 7, a lot warmer than the weekend. The wind was off and on, it never got to bad. I didn’t look to see what it was when I left. We never need to get in the tent. Four wheelers will do fine if they stay in the paths of the snowmobiles, they won’t be able to go every where. The ice is thick I would burry the shaft on the power auger in the snow before I got through the ice.
[signature]