Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake
well guys got great news sunday we fish the big bear 2 1/2-4" good solid ice and we hammered the fish we fished from 8:30 till 5:00 between 3 of us we caught 34 fish all Cutts but 3 smallest we weighed was 2 lbs and the largest was 10.5 lbs Mack also caught a 6 lb tagged cutt, fishing was awesome caught mostly on white 4" gitzits tipped with sucker meat. 40-60 feet water, that was about as far as we dared to go out because the farther you went the ice got thinner, but it did not matter lots of fish. there was only 6 people on the ice all day, it was about 20 deg most of day but it felt warmer, you did not need your coat on much, oh yea it was -8 deg when we got there but the sun was shining,
i think as cold as it is we make keep the ice for a day or two but not much longer, sisco beach still has open water by it, and if we get a wind it may change things fast....i will post some pics ASAP.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Where did you go to find that kind of ice? The most of the ice on the west side seperated from the main body and floated to the middle of the lake. Good thing was that the lake was capped around it and hopefully firm up without breaking up.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]We also tried up at the state park marina but, again, 2" of ice was crowding it. We ended up on Mantua.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
we went behind sweet water, drove right down to the ice edge, ice is way safe, and when we left at 5:00 the ice had not pulled away from the edge, also there was two guys who had been on the ice friday and done well they caught 19 fish and broke off two nice ones..... i think as thick as the ice was and how cold it is up there it will be ok for a few more days , but i did see that a big warm up is coming about thurs, up to 50 down here so it that ice wont last long.... I think that i am going up wed if i can get off work, if there is any one that wants to go PM me or give me a shout,
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]The only place a guy could of fished was around the pile area and USU jetty but it didn't look like you couldn't get too deep. Guess I missed that call. Where were the guys you talked to fishing? We were on Gus' Point most of the day and didn't see anyone in that area except for a few folks from Sweetwater Condos with a dog who briefly went out on the ice and back in.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I'll have to wait til Friday to get back on. I hope it holds. Thanks for your report.[/size][/font]
[signature]
we fished right behind sweet water on the old rock pile we were right on the rock pile, 2 yrs ago i marked it with my GPS, the guys fished right by us, they were from logan driving silver dodge dulley, i thought it was you guys but when i asked them they had no clue.....
[signature]
Dang it, we were headed up there this morning and changed our mind after hearing the ice was unsafe. Fished Mantua, but would have been better off staying in bed.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Ya, thanks for waking me up a 5:00 am, you bozos! That's what you get for listen to another bozo! LOL![/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]If the ice will hold, I'll be there Friday.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Curt thought that you would be to work, and I told him that I was sure glad that I was driving and handed my cell phone to him to give you a call! Sounds like we could have fished it, but better to be safe than sorry, and live to fish it another day. I think I used about 7 of my 9 lives on FG on Saturday. Hope you got back to sleep!
[signature]