Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Break da fevah...at Lake Powell
[center]Whether it's freeform or freestyle...whatever you want to call it...we had a blast down at Wahweep over the President Day weekend. [sly]

Friday after arriving and securing our room, we only got to fish for an hour and a half but managed to boat 9 nice stripers from that dam area. I've got a few pictures I'm going to forward to BLM so maybe he'll post them up for me. CBR used to do me that honor, but alas...you know the rest of the story...[crazy]

Saturday...after a short run in we hit a couple of spots and boated over 50 stripers and a whole bunch of walleye, largemouth and smallmouth bass. ALL LM and SM BASS were released. [Smile]

Sunday...a carbon copy of the day before except more walleye. More and bigger smallmouth and largemouth. [angelic]

Oh...by the way...did I mention the water was like glass...and we got sunburned. Yeah talk about suffering...and breaking the winter fevah... [cool]

CBR was camaraman this weekend...and being being his greedy self, he's hogging most of the pictures himself. [Tongue]

[/center] [center]
[/center] [center][inline IMG_0666.JPG][/center] [center]
[/center] [center][inline IMG_0669.JPG][/center] [center] [/center] [center]
[/center] [center][inline IMG_0673.JPG][/center] [center]
[/center] [center][inline IMG_0678.JPG][/center] [center]
[/center] [center][inline IMG_0681.JPG][/center] [center]
[/center]
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3]Sounds like it was an epic trip. Cant wait to see the pictures. I take it you went out of Wahweep? Were you trolling, vertical jigging for the fish? How was the largies and smallies treating the two of you?[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
Yep...you guessed it ... out of Hite. Heck of a run...in an hour and a half...all the way from Page to Hite...and back [Wink][Wink] ***snicker*** snicker*** yeah...we went out of Wahweep and made about a 25-30 mile run each day.

We used cranks and jerkbaits... BLM should have the photo's by now...I hope...I didn't overload his email...with the BIG FISH FILES...

CBR hogged the rest of the pictures...so now...you have..."the rest of the story"...
[signature]
Sounds like a real crappy trip! Man that would have been a blast! Thanks for the report, and I'm lookin' forward to the pics.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff4040]Thanks for the report Bassrods. Sounds like you had a horrible weekend.[Tongue][/#ff4040][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff4040][/#ff4040][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff4040]I have yet to ever fish Powell ever since moving here from California 6 years ago. I have a feeling that might change this year though.[/#ff4040][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff4040][/#ff4040][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff4040]Can't wait to see the pics.[/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
I'm happy for you guys but at the same time tomorrow is going to be a long day at work. Daydreaming about Walleye and that bruiser smallmouth, never been to Powell either.
[signature]
Cliff, it looks like you had a great trip!
[signature]
I have a 10 day trip planned for Powell but it's not until June. Guess I'll need to get very familiar with the new boat before facing the summer traffic down there. I'm also hoping to go back in Sept. after the crowds and get in some sun shine and on some Striper boils.

I'm extending a standing invite to BFT folks who don't mind a beer in the afternoon to come join me on the Bear for some fishing and 'BS'ing when the weather gets a little warmer. I could be on the lake most any day of the week. Send me a PM.

Don
[signature]
CBR has other picture on the other place if you know where to go....
The biggest smallmouth was 17 in long and about the same around with a fish in its mouth that was about 10" long the tail was about three fingers wide and in its mouth but still hit the lure.....

[signature]
Bassrods! those few pic's were enough for me to get excited about fishing at Powell. Been there several times with friend's we usually go out of Bullfrog To the North and Hall's Bay. Thank's for the report
and good fishing to ya.

############################

If you know; talk about it! if not;; shut up![shocked]
[signature]
We took over 50 pictures but I didn't want to make BLM mad if I sent him all of them he was nice to put those up for me thanks BLM for the help....
[signature]
Nice Report Cliff .You guys really smacked some fish down there . Nice eyes for Utah . You should see the ones they are pulling thru the ice in Montana now . Opps [Tongue], I said the ice word . LOL Welcome back to the frozen section of Utah .
[signature]