Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
report for fishlake
went to fishlake on tuesday ice fishing.. it was great up there.. we got there about 9:30 AM and got the snowmolbil going we hit the east side about 50 yards off shore in 105' of water.. the first drop my dad hit a splake about 25' down.. and it just got better after that.. the fish are in schools swimming all over.. the rainbow are about 5'-15' down and the splake are at the 15'-30' range.. did not see anything on the finder under 40'.. a 1/2 oz 1" white tube jig with a pice of perch on it was the trick.. i tried other colors but nothing worked as good as white.. tryed worms to and millworms and waxworms and minnows.. the only thing that worked was the perch.. we caught about 20 1-3 lbs splake and about 15 1-2 lbs rainbows.. the bite was hard and fast at times you have to whate for a school to come through about every 10 to 15 min's.. well hope it help any one out there that is planing on hiting fishlake good luck and see ya on the ice -----the fuzzyfisher[sly]
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I've been looking for some info on Fish lake. Sounds like you did very well. I've never been to Fish lake before but am thinking about heading down this Saturday to do a little fishing. I don't have a snowmobile; is it feasible to walk to the east side to fish? I have heard that the east side is better for ice fishing. If anyone has some more tips or would like to hook up on Saturday that would be great. Thanks

Hoosier
[signature]
[#ff0000][size 2]Never fished it on hard water but we always make a trip down during the summer. We caught so many rainbows that we stated having a contest to see who could find a lure in their tackle box the fish wouldn’t take. I thought I had a big bass plug that would do the trick but to no avail. The bows were in all kinds of extraordinary radiant color patterns. We only picked up one splake though, it was nice sized and upset me as when I released it, it went straight for the prop so we circled around and had it for dinner that night. Any pointers out there on picking up the splake when the water is softer? Thanks for the update, Fishlake has always been one of my favorites, reminds me of my grandpa who got me hooked on the habit in the first place, and welcome. I just wandered into the site a little while ago myself and it has been great. Cheers![/size][/#ff0000]

[size 2][#ff0000] [/#ff0000][/size]

[size 2][#ff0000] [/#ff0000][/size]

[font "Times New Roman"] [/font]
[signature]
hi hoosier and neveronsunday.. i got alittle more for you.. first hoosier yes you can walk to the east side but it is a long walk and you have to look out for soft spots in the ice.. but i seen alot of pepole on the north end fishing and that is a ez walk.. as for neveronsunday you can get the splake to hit a jig and perch on soft water as well as hard.. it's the best way i have found any time of the year.. [cool] -------- the fuzzyfisher--[sly]
[signature]
Thanks for the info. I'm headed there next week. Have you heard anything about Otter Creek lately? One report says good fishing for nice sized rainbows.[crazy] We may try Mill Meadow and Forsyth, too. As for the large number of rainbows at Fish Lake, I was there in Sept. and heard that since water levels were so low everywhere else, DWR was planting 'bows like crazy in Fish Lake because it simply had enough water to do so. I guess once you get your hooks down past the "rainbow layer" you should do well.[Smile] We'll see what happens.
[signature]