Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OUTCAST SFC ROD HOLDER
BASSNUT A MEMBER OF ANOTHER BOARD USED A FEW OF MY IDEAS AND CAME UP WITH HIS OWN DESIGN FOR THE SFC. THOUGHT I'D PASS IT ALONG TO ALL THE SFC OWNERS HERE. I SPECIALLY LIKE THE TRANSDUCER MOUNT.

ATFISHING
[signature]
NICE! Clean set up. I have found with my set up though that your transducer only needs to be in the water a few inches. I had mune deep and I was miss reading the bottom and it screwed up my deep nymphing. But, again that is just me. I ended up using the fishing buddy tube mount tube (with the straps to go around the tube) and now am able to pull in to shore , by pulling the transducer up.
[signature]
HEY FLYGODDESS I ALSO HAVE A FISH BUDDY AS WELL AND I ALSO HAVE MINE SET UP TO FOLD UP FOR LAUNCHING AND BEACHING

[inline FISHFINDER.jpg]
[inline "ROD HOLDER FOLDED.jpg"]
AT
[signature]
Man! you guys have great imaginations! I use the fishing buddy mount for my regular boat fish finder (transducer mounted on an aluminum tube-square for my Cardiac, but works in the FB tube) Kinda putting a square peg in a round hole[Wink]. Then Cabela's sells the fish finder mount that straps to your tube and is adaptable to several models. I use the Scotty rod holders cause they are the best that I found for a fly rod. Get batteries from a local warehouse that sells hard to find stuff and security system batteries are smaller and great (rechargeables).
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Thought I better jump into this conversation between an Angel and a goddess. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Thanks for sharing the pic, AT. I need to do some updating and maintenance on our picture board and it will be a good addition.[/#0000ff]

[#0000ff]Like Joni, I do not like the idea of the transducer being so deep in the water. As she suggests, it needs to be only deep enough to stay wet during operation. The further it protrudes below the craft, the more susceptible it is to damage or to getting snagged on something. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Okay in open water fishing, where you are launching and beaching on clean sand. But, in fresh water lakes I often launch and beach either on ramps or rocky shoreline. I also find myself kicking through water weed growth (or ice sheets). [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The mount looks to be on a swivel setup, where you can lift it up out of the way, but I still think it would be better if it did not extend so deep.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Otherwise, looks like some good engineering.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
HEY TD I'M GLAD SOMEONE ELSE CHIMED IN, IT'S BEEN VERY QUIET AROUND HERE, WHERE'S EVERYONE AT?
I AGREE ON THE LENGHT, IT'S POSSIBLE HE MAY ALTER IT ONCE HE GETS OUT ON THE WATER A FEW TIMES, HOWEVER I DO LIKE THE CONCEPT.

AT
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey Cali boy, you are living in the land of non-reality. Most of us frustrated tubaholics are taking lots of meds and praying for spring. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The attached pics are where I was yesterday. Notice the lack of warm open water. Observe that you do not see me or my tube in any of the pics.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Starting next Monday, I will be launching a full assault on tubeable waters in Utah. I may have to take my ice auger, to open up a spot big enough for my tube, but I aim to git 'er done.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Might not be much ice breaking to do. This weekend looks GREAT! and I got the whole weekend to fish. WAHOO! Probably go at least one day to my favorite spot on the MP. Try to get some pictures this time.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]The water was looking good in there when I drove by the last couple of times. I heard a couple of big browns calling but I was not prepared to answer. Go get 'em.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[reply]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey Cali boy, you are living in the land of non-reality. [/#0000ff]
[/reply]

Easy on the punches. You might pop my tube. I thought you had some relatives in Cali.[cool]

Our idea of hard water is just a measurement of how much filtration we need between the Water meter at the street and our drinking cup. They measure it in PPM. (parts per millions)[laugh]
[signature]
HEY TN2 YOU MAY ALSO WANT TO MENTION THE HARD WATER WE PUT IN OUR ICE TEA [cool] LOL
[signature]
Oooops[pirate] I thought they called that firewater[cool].

Oh. Wait a minute. You are referring to the small hardwater rocks. hee hee.[cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Go easy on that stuff. This is a family forum...really.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]TubeBabe always asks "How many margaritas do you think that would make?" whenever we see a glacier on one of the travel programs. Another warped member of the Tube family.[/#0000ff]
[signature]