Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah lake report 2/21
Fishing at Provo boat harbor for 4 hrs on 2/20 with almost everything but no fish. Water level is back to normal the South dike may cover with water by Spring time. No ice left in the lake just little around the shore in the harbor. Walleye should start soon be ready. Hopefully it will be a better year for walleye, white bass and crapie.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Thanks for the report blueheron. Haven't heard from you for awhile. Sorry the fish were not more friendly. I think the next week will make a difference.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I look forward to seeing you at Lincoln Beach soon. However, you may have to bring your own rock to stand on. The water has covered up most of the good wading areas. Maybe you can get a float tube and join me out in the water.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
you should go out to lincoln..i caught a few this month..im gonna go out again today afternoon
[signature]
Hi Pat this winter sucks. Like I told you before I went fishing a few time in early winter but got nothing except a few time up in Strawberry. I need to go more often . How about Willard Bay? What is ice condition up there?. How are you doing? any fishing trip lately? Nice talk to you and hope to see you soon.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I checked with the State Park at Willard Bay earlier in the week and the north marina is frozen solid. Nighttime temperatures are still getting down into the mid teens. That will change by next week I think. The South Marina is closed until April 1. That is where I prefer to launch my tube, and the fishing around the rocks is good there too. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I haven't heard anything about the condition of the road around the back side of Willard, but I would bet that you need a tank to get over it right now. It is bad enough when it is dry. After all the snow we have had, it is probably nothing but deep mudholes.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I have been doing some ice fishing, at Pineview and Jordanelle. I have been gathering some perch strips to tip my walleye jigs. I plan to start working Utah Lake thoroughly starting about next Monday. I will be fishing all around the lake, trying to find the fish and to figure out what they want this year.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I am not very optimistic about white bass, crappies or bluegill this year. I am sure that the surviving fish had a good spawn last year, with the higher water and the reed beds that grew up around the lake. But, I wonder if enough of them survived the food chain from the low water years to build the population back up. They were really scarce last year. Not like some of the big years before.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]See you on the water.[/#0000ff]
[signature]