Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tied any little flys lately?
post a picture for us!!!

here is one
[signature]
These are the biggest flies that I have tied and No they are not mice---They are Ratso perch[Smile]

[url "http://www.pbase.com/albot/fly_tying"][Image: 55377855.baitfishflies.jpg][/url]
[signature]
Nice spinning job. Now after all that work are you willing to throw them to a Musky??
[signature]
You bet. Looking forward to them being shredded[pirate]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Here's a pic of my Great Grey Hackle Yellow. Used for great white sharks. Casting it on that 100 weight rod is a killer.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
T.D. I'm figuring you use 6 or 7x tippet on that one?
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Nope. 2XL. No, wait, that's my shirt size.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I actually have another one of those bad boys, tied on shark hooks from my days on the salt. But, the black pattern included wings from a real bird. The beetles got to it and I haven't retied it with other feathers yet.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[red][size 3]Here I was expecting something intricate on a new size 36x-sm dry. It looks like you could have used a whole chicken for that hackle! [/size][/red]
[signature]
What in the world did you use for hackle on that bad boy?
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I think it was an ostrich plume I bought at a craft shop. I sure wouldn't wanna try to get one off a live ostrich. Those muthas is baaaaaaaad.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Great drumsticks and super omelettes though. One egg feeds a family.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Yes they are. all though the females aren't so bad we use to let em peck at our hand in Costa Rica

Trent
[signature]