Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
??? Bear Lake Conditions for Tomorrow Saturday ?????
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Looking for more details about conditions for ice fishing Bear Lake tomorrow (Saturday). I (and Bait_Caster) would like to make the long trip up there if we thought that conditions were safe. I know others have asked this recently too but with the warmer weather I suspect that conditions could change daily. So, for those of you who fished BL today (Friday), would you mind sharing answers to these questions yet again?:::

1. Were there many folks on the rock pile? I suspect that I could times today's numbers by three and that is how many will be there tomorrow Saturday!

2. Were there any snowmobiles out on the lake/ice?

3. Were there any 4-wheelers out there?

4. How productive was the fishing?

5. How far away from the rock pile were people fishing? Water depths of 50 - 60 - 70 - 80 feet deep?

6. Any reports of anyone falling through the ice?
[/size][/font]
[signature]
Assuming it is fishable from the ice, your multiplier on item 1. should be increased by a few digits!
[signature]
Hey Old Coot, Polokid was on the big blue today. I expect he will have a report this evening.
[signature]
Hi Coot,
See my post from my fishing excursion this morning for answers to most of your questions.

The ice on the pile was 7-8" and not melting. I spoke with other off Garden City and just north of the rest area and ice was about 4-7" in those spots. The ice on the east side ranges from 1-2" off Cisco Beach to 3-4" off the pump house according to fishermen who fished there this morning. It looks really spooky since some of the snow melted on top the ice and its blue/blackish and looks like open water. Be careful and you'll be fine. 4 wheelers and snowmobiles were on the rockpile out to 100'+ of water today. Try to follow other's tracks. I would bet there will well over 100 people out tomorrow. Ideal Beach opens their doors around 8ish to let people in/out, and by that time today I was already fishing for an hour so I'd advise you to access the lake from somewhere else along the shore to get out there earlier if you choose. Nothing sucks worse than waiting for an attendant to open the gate when you can see others already on the ice!
[signature]
Coot, I didn't know you ice fish.

I plan on heading to bear lake tomorrow. See you up there.
[signature]
Coot, I didn't know you ice fish.

I plan on heading to bear lake tomorrow. See you up there.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]MGB … you are absolutely right … I don’t ice fish. Geesh … what the heck am I thinking. The only thing I can figure is that this long dry spell of no boating has started to affect my good common sense and my ability to think logically. Lord, help me now … [/font][/size]
[signature]