Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New rod
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 4]I just knew that if I went to the annual Fly-Fishing show that it was going to cost me more than just the entrance fee. Bought an Ovis 3wt Frequent Flyers Rod. [/size][/green][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 4]They had a double discount offer which I just couldn't refuse. Wound up paying just $121.25 instead of the reg price of $195.00. I guess that fisher people are just suckers for a deal. Now if someone would just point me to the water I'll be off.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
Way to go D.R. Have you cast it yet? You are going to love it! Went out today with my Sage LL 2wt and posted a pixs on the How'd you do post.
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 4]Just bought it today at the show. Will pop over to the regional park tomorrow and get it wet. Will see how it goes with a 4wt line. I have the Orvis MA ll which is for a 3/4. Might have to spring for another spool or two and get the proper wt line.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
SWEET! let me know what you think.
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 4]Hey there FGD - went swatting today with my new rod. Really nice piece of goods. Although it casted quite nicely think that I will get an extra spool and load it with the proper 3 wt line. Got several $25 coupons from Orvis that just might come in handy.[/size][/green][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][#008000][size 4]Oh wasn't fishing just testing. Too many trees around to get hung up on.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Right On! Glad you like it. Be waiting for that Fish On Report!
[signature]
Sounds like a good deal. They are planting trout in the TriCityLake near you if you want to try it on some live game.[cool]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 4]Hey ther tubeN2, Yes I read about that in the fishing section of the OCR last Friday. After two years of dredging out all the silt and muck the Fullerton Lake is now back in pristene shape. It is about 6' deeper now. By the way that is the same lake that they captured Old Bob the Alligator Snapping Turtle. Though he was only 50yrs old and 100lbs. Wouldn't you like to meet that dude in you float tube?[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
I don't think I would even put my Ranger in that water with Ole Bob nor any of his relatives. A float tube could easily be turned into a "Sink Tube" after just one good bite.[pirate]
[signature]
[center][font "Poor Richard"][red][size 4]If you see Old Bob don't even say hi - just keep on moving!!
[/center]
[/size][/red][/font] [center]
[/center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=14590;]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Looks like that dude could do some serious damage to an appendage.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Wonder if anyone ties a size 10/0 finger hackle.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 4]Hi there tubeN2 - forgot to mention the name of the lake is Laguna Lake in Fullerton. Tri-City Lake is in Placentia. Went there today to practice casting with my new rod. Also did some photo oops. Lots of water fowl wanting 8x10 glossys.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
Sounds like you had a good time. Did your new equipment perform to your expectations??[cool]
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 4]Yes it did - thank you. Was just using a dummy fly, no hook. Going to my work shop tomorrow to work on an idea that just may do the trick. Don't want to say what for the fishys may be listening.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]